chapter 38

Dedicated to all my lovely readers.

Enjoy!!

Avery

The house has been silent, and that's how it has been ever since Richard left an hour ago.

Carlos and I dreading the conversation that was to come. I think it's time to at least open up to Carlos and also, he has proved to be a trustworthy friend.

"Do you want to talk about it" Carlos asked softly.

"Uh y-yeah I think its time we tell each other about ourselves right?" I asked Carlos trying to read his expression for any form of discomfort but I found none which was more than alright.

Silence took over for a while both of us not knowing what to say.

"That was my father in law" I finally spoke breaking the silence.

"What, your married?" Carlos asked puzzled at my revelation.

"I was married but n-not anymore" I tried speaking bravely but my strong resolve was cracking slowly because my voice already started cracking.

I proceeded to tell Carlos everything I could from my marriage and to say he was furious would be an understatement. He was raging… in fact he was more than mad at Damon promising to do a number on him if he ever sets his eyes on him.

"And what about your parents? What did they do to the ba..." He trailed off when he saw my quivering lips.

I scoffed trying to act bravely without braking down. "I don't have parents" I said coldly.
"I wouldn't even consider them as parents. I would say they only volunteered to give birth to me."

His mouth dropped open at my words. "Are they that bad?" He curiously asked.

"....They were worse. Would you call people who sell their child for money parents? All because they lost an important deal because weren't able to go to an important business meeting when I was still a baby because I was sick, I paid for that one meeting they lost for over 20 years of my existence" I furiously wiped my tears because in all honesty, they don't deserve my tears. They are all monsters.

"So yeah t-that is just all about me. I'm a broken person trying to put back the pieces of my life together. You wouldn't want to deal with someone like me. I'm trouble" I solemnly advised Carlos. Though it would hurt to loose a loyal friend like him, its better to warn him so as to not get him involved in your problems.

"Oh no. You just made me more attracted to you" he said as his face carried seriousness.

I blushes at his words, but my blush didn't last long seeing as I wanted to ask about himself. It seemed like a touchy subject as well because he never ever mentioned his family.

"What about you?" I asked softly

"Me?"

"Yeah you. What's your story. You know the very first time I saw you, I was carried away with your eyes" I admitted.

"Oh I know. You were staring at me like a creep and then you just blurted I love your eyes. I freaked out seriously" he burst out laughing and I followed knowing what he was saying was nothing but the truth.

"I was not only carried away with the colour of your eyes"

"Oh yeah" he teased laughter evident in his voice.

"Yeah. The amount of pain your eyes held that day was disheartening Carly" I said and immediately the smile on his face wiped off making me sad. I wouldn't have brought this up but he needed to let it out.

"...I guess you deserve to know too" he murmured.

"My sister disappeared few months ago, we all looked for her, we couldn't find her and they pronounced her dead...and I was accused as the killer." He trailed off solemnly.

"My own parents sent the FBI to arrest me and do anything they want to me. Why? Because they found out I was gay and they hated me"

***

On the other side, Richard didn't know how to break the news of what he saw to his son.
He'd just look for a cover up he thought as he neared the entrance of his son's house.

Damon waited impatiently for his father as he needed information on how Avery was fairing. He didn't go by himself because he knew if he'd gone, he wouldn't stop himself from staying at her apartment again. He also didn't want to make her hate him more because she clearly made that clear the day she asked him to get out of her apartment.

The minute he heard footsteps, he jumped on his feet and raced to the door hoping it was his father and fortunately, it was.

Richard didn't know how to get the words out. He knew it would hurt his son who was gazing at him with all hope in his eyes. He wasn't about to see that vanish.

"How's she dad? Did she want anything? is she okay? Did you check if her kitchen was empty? Was she looking tired or stressed? I knew it I should have a word with her boss... come on dad answer me" Damon rushed out worriedly.

"Ah, she's doing just fine son. In fact, the candies you got are doing their duties" he chuckled as he remembered her candy filled face. She looked like a little girl.

Damon couldn't help but smile and fist bump in his mind at the thought of Avery using what he bought for her.
He's ready to buy more. If only she'd let him.

"What dad, did something happen?" Damon asked when he saw the conflicted look on his fathers face.

"Oh no. Its just..."

"What dad?" Damon asked impatiently.

"I saw a man in her apartment, and she looked happy with him". Immediately these words left Richards mouth, Damon felt all the air sucked out of him. This is what he feared. Avery finding another man better than him.

"Look son, I didn't tell you this to make you wallow in self pity. I would have decided not to tell you. I'm telling you this to make you step up your game, I know you can bring her back son"

"How dad how?" Damon asked as his voice cracked

"I don't know everything she likes, you do. Take advantage of that. I know you can do it, I have faith in you"

Damon felt pride course through him at his fathers words. He felt more motivated to get his life back.

"Thank you dad. Say hi to mum for me" he said as his father prepared to go.

Carlos is gay people😂.
Those that wished Avery and Carlos together... I'm sorry for bringing down your hopes. I hope you trust me on this one.
Thanks for your comments and votes. I appreciate y'all.

Any predictions?

Don't forget to vote and comment.

«nini»