Chapter 26

Damon

Its the day of my parents anniversary and I'm nervous as f*ck. I know she's gonna be here soon as its almost time for the party to begin.
I walked downstairs to check how everything was going.
"Place it here, yes right there. Now move that over there" I saw mom instructing the maids. She wanted to do it all by herself with the help of my sister instead of calling a planner.
My sister returned the day before yesterday. She travelled two years ago to pursue her career and now she's achieved alot and we are all proud of her.

"Mom calm down, you should rest and go change its almost time" I said embracing her from behind.
"Aw my baby. Okay okay I'm going" she said kissing my cheeks.
"Mom" I lowered my head trying hard not to smile. She was gonna ruin my facade here. Everyone was looking for Christ sakes. She laughed while walking off.
Even the women who were drooling over me were fool on smiling at me now.

*

Oh my gosh Avery look at you" I heard kiara squeal running to the door.
Immediately, my heart beat heightened and I turned to a nervous wreck.
When I looked to their direction... It was her. She's here. I took a deep breath while trying to control my heartbeat. 
Damn, she looks so beautiful in her emerald knee length dress paired with silver stilettos. Don't get me started on her face, Jesus she's gorgeous. I didn't realise I was staring at her for long until she locked eyes with me and immediately her smile vanished.

Frowning, I straightened up and walked to my room to calm down. Not forgetting how her angelic smile washed off her face the minute she laid her eyes in me. Does she despise me that much?

..........................

Avery

He's f*cking here. How can I forget.
My whole mood is spoiled and it seems kiara noticed our short exchange.
"Are you okay " she asked softly smiling sadly.
"Y-yeah I'm fine now, c'mon let's go help " I said over enthusiastically.
......

The party is going on great and I tried my best to be happy for mom and dad even if they have a son who is hell bent on tormenting me. Well the party is good for me since I've not set my eyes on him which is a plus and I hope it remains this way till I leave.
I'm currently sitting at a safe corner watching the happy couple dancing and smiling wishing I would have my own happy ever after.
I don't even know how my life came to this level in the blink if an eye.
Someone occupied the seat next to me but I didn't care, but the minute I perceived the familiar manly cologne, I turned abruptly to catch him in his act of looking at me. He shouldn't do that, its very uncomfortable..

The minute I locked eyes with him, and he realized he was staring, he looked down and cleared his throat rubbing his hands on his pants a trait I noticed he does then, whenever he was nervous.
I rolled my eyes and stood up. Its late anyway, I should go home.
Immediately, his hand grabbed my free right hand. I glared at him and he released my hand from his grip.
"Um h-hey" he rushed out, his predatory gaze following my every move like if I were to take a small step he'd be aware.
I ignored him and tried to move again but he stepped on the way. I gritted my teeth, surely this man doesn't know when to stop.
"Sorry for disturbing I - I just w-"
"Get out of my way" I said cutting off whatever he wanted to say
He seemed taken aback by my outburst. "No. Avery, you have to listen to me. Just hear me ou..
"Hear you out?" I laughed sadonically
"Did you hear me out when I begged you to? Did you give me a chance to  explain? Did you hear me out when I begged you to? No you didn't. Now don't expect me to do the same to you when you clearly didn't". I wiped the  tears that fell. "Don't make this harder than it is. Leave me alone Damon, you hate me and let it stay that way"
I cried walking out on his now frozen self.

*****

I can't even concentrate on my job. This... this devil has succeeded in making my life unsettled. Oh also, he has been calling and texting  nonstop since his parents party apologizing for his actions that day. Such a hypocrite.

It's Monday and I'm at work and I can't seem to concentrate on what I'm doing. Aside that, he's still sending flowers to my office which is so annoying, I don't even know what to do anymore. My oh so strict boss has one time delivered the flowers himself asking who I was to Mr Damon King and I said I don't maybe it was just a coincidence and he insisted why he was sending me flowers. It was not until I unintentionally snapped at him that he left me alone. I thought he would fire me but no... He even greets me now, something he never does before.

I've been having minor fever since on Sunday night and today I woke up with a terrible headache so I just took an advil to calm it down and it did. But now the headache seemed to be coming back in full force.
I checked the time and it was already 5 O' clock.
"Thank God" I said to myself packing my stuffs and I headed downstairs  to my car.
"Hey avery, you going towards the subway? " my coworker Harley asked
"Oh no Harls sorry I'm actually going to the other direction " I said smiling apologetically.

I don't think I can go to my apartment that's 45 minutes away. I'd just go to Damon's parents place that's just twenty minutes away from here.
Also, one thing about me is that I can't seem to take care of myself whenever I'm sick. So the idea of going to Damon's parents house sounds appealing to me right now.

The minute I got I'm my car, I felt light headed I placed my head on the  steering  to restore my vision before I started driving.
Just a few minutes before I get to the house, my vision blurred out and this time I didn't have the time to clear my head. I can't even concentrate on where I was going or even going.
All I know is that the car swerved from left to right making me pray I didn't hit any innocent person.

Bam!

And that was it. The car came to a halt and next, I felt warm liquid running through my face.
I didn't have the time to check what it was before I blacked out.

Vote and comment
Don't be a silent reader