chapter 35

Enjoy!

Damon did not want to leave. Not just yet. He never felt so peaceful and useful for a long time now. He cherished every single minute he spent in Avery's apartment. She never talked to him. He knew she was about to drive him away because she always asked him when he would leave her apartment.

Avery on the other hand did all she could to tell Damon it was time for him to leave her apartment. She didn't know how to because she didn't talk to him except when necessary like when its time to take his drugs and when she asked him when he would leave. She always met with the same answer from him 'I'm not fully okay'.

She didn't know if he meant that metaphorically or in any other way.

Today is Monday the first working day of the week and Avery needed to go to work but she wasn't about to do that with Damon still in her only place she desired her privacy.
She did all necessary activities for the morning and when she was done, she went to the room where Damon was currently staying and knocked on the door.
"Come in" Damon answered.

Damon knew why she was here, he predicted it. He knew she was here to ask him to leave and he didn't want that. He was well enough to go home as his cold went away yesterday itself. But he didn't want to leave, he felt at peace here. He didn't think there'd be anywhere else that would make him feel this peaceful, not his mansion, not even at his parents.

"Uh I'm about to go to work now and I'm getting late" Avery started and for a moment Damon thought she was implying she wasn't going to tell him to leave her house. He felt almost joyful. But he thought too soon.

"I think its high time you leave as your cold is gone" Avery said watching as the small smile in his face instantly wipe off.

"Oh um I- its not true I'm not feeling too good" Damon lied hoping it would work.

"Then I would just drop you at your place or drop you off at your parents place. I don't need you here" Avery sneered at him.

Damon winced at her cold tone. "I deserved that. But please let me stay here for o..."

"I said I don't need you here, just leave. You have your own large house so why come to my small ordinary apartment" Avert snapped putting more emphasis on small .

Damon ran his hands through his hair. He knew this was going to be difficult but convincing her would be more than difficult seeing as she hates his guts.
"Sweetheart- uh sorry" he said sheepishly as she glared the hell out of him when he called her ' sweetheart'. It wasn't intentional. It just came out on its own.
"I- I just don't want to leave yet please I know I'm causing you a lot of trouble but please I need this, I need this peace. I need you" Damon pleaded as he whispered the last part his voice begging.

Avery heard all that the said. He was getting to her and she didn't want that. She was after all, a woman with feelings.
"I don't care. Get out of my house and go to yours. I'm late to work and I can get fired unlike you. Drop the key under the doormat on your way out. I don't need you here. I don't want to see your face when I get back"

Her words cut him deep. It pierced his heart. He knew he deserves every kind of treatment given to him as long as its from her. He knew he did much worse, he knew he acted more worse and now he got a tiny taste of what he did to her, he couldn't help but plead for her forgiveness and  mercy in his heart. He was the believer she was his faith. There and then he decided... He wasn't leaving.

Damon decided to do what he hasn't ever done. He became a domestic man that day as he swept and mopped the apartment, washing the bathrooms and toilets and he went as far as going for more grocery shopping. Buying all what Avery loves like her favourite ice cream and lots of the chocolate cookies she always ordered when she went out with him then. Buying those scented candles he remembered she always used when ever she was tired. He remembered her saying the scent soothed her.

He cooked. He prepared her favourite meal for dinner. He was uncertain she would love his presence. He knew she was go into be so mad when she comes back and finds him still in her apartment, but he had to try.
He finished by placing candles on the table and on the floor.

Avery couldn't even concentrate on her work knowing an unwanted person was in her apartment. She didn't know what to feel on that. She hoped he left already but the voice at the back of her head told her otherwise. She knew quite well he wasn't going to leave.
She signed in distress as she dreaded going to her own home now.
She wrapped up her work in anger, luckily for her it was past five and she was free to go home.
She angrily drove to her apartment planning to give Damon the piece of her mind if he was still there.

Damon heard the sound of her car driving in but he peeped through the window to confirm it was her and it sure was. He immediately ran back to the dining to put finishing touches to his work and checking out if he placed every thing well in the right place. He nervously rubbed his hands on his dark jeans as he awaited her arrival.

Avery angrily walked to her door, she unsurely checked if he left by checking under her doormat for her key and she didn't find it knowing fully well now that he was inside her house.
She turned the handle and it was open. The minute she stepped into her apartment, all the words she wished to throw at Damon stuck on her throat as she saw everywhere.

Damon watched her expression but he couldn't place a name to any as her gaze was cold.
And when she snapped her head towards him the culprit
He immediately saw anger swirling in her orbs.
The only thing he could think of that moment was shit.

Uh ohhh. I soooo wanna write the next chapter...
Don't forget to vote and comment!!!