chapter 28

Thank you for the 80k plus reads. Its incredible
I know I'm really slow at updating but you all still stuck with me and it's amazing. Thank you all... So much and I hope you enjoy the rest of the story

Enjoy!

Avery's POV

"Avery... Baby come on wake up" I hear a voice say at a distance. Damon?
I really want to open my eyes but I don't know how to. My eyes are so heavy.

"Baby, Goddamit! wake up you're scaring me" the voice said again and this time I heard the voice clearly.

It's Damon. How did he find me? What's happening. And now it dawned on me, why can't I open my eyes? My heart beat increased and all I could head was a faint ' Baby wake up! Don't do this, do something George I can't lose her please, why is the monitor making noises...' The voice was fading rapidly and that was it, darkness consumed me before I could hear any other thing.

....

I don't know how long I had slept but the next thing I know is that I was hearing voices around me. I could feel some one holding my hand and at the same time, another hand removing the stranding locks of hairs that fell on my face.
I could feel by body burning and the headache was really terrorizing.

"I think we should call George dad, she's burning up I'm so worried."I heard Damon's voice say.
Huh…

"We need to calm her temperature a little" I heard his voice again which sounded a little worried.
What's happening.

"Get me a wet towel in a bowl. Add water to it"

Does he really care? What's he doing here.

Soon enough, I felt something cool on my forehead at made me shiver and sigh in content.
I really needed to think whoever's doing this. I tried to open my eyes but it felt so heavy.

I knew I was awake but I don't know for how long I was awake. I didn't even know what the day is but I felt warmness in my face.
I felt the pains in my head subsided a little. But, I'm just dealing with a light headache.
My body was warm not as warm as my face but they weren't burning as I felt before.

After trying, my eyes cracked open and the light was blinding. I figured the reason my face was warm was as a result if the sunlight shining on it. It took me a while to get used to brightness though.

The events that occurred the past days flashed through my head as I recalled all of them wondering if it had all been a dream.
I managed to look to the left side of my bed only to see a monitor with so many tubes and they were all connected to... Wait my hand!

What the hell! Where am I?

I looked around me to see a not so familiar room. I tried moving my hand but I cried out in pain when a shooting pain ran through my body.

"What do you think you are doing young lady?" I heard Richard's voice. Richard?

I tried to talk. I tried to ask him how I got here, but, I couldn't. My stuck up throat wouldn't let me.

"Are you okay?" He asked and I could only manage a subtle nod. He figured I needed water so he gave me one with a straw in it.
"We have to talk. You have an explanation to give when you get better young Lady" Richard said seriously.
I shrunk back nervously cause I knew he meant it. While drinking the water, a sudden sharp squeak of the door made me choke. The monitor made annoying noises as I coughed violently.

"I'm so sorry dear. Do you feel any better?" Mom asked worriedly.
I gave her a small smile letting her know I'm okay.

The door busted open again making me groan at the banging headache.
It's Damon.
"Mom!, What happened! I heard the noi.." He stopped talking when his eyes landed on me and immediately his gaze softened.
He immediately rushed to my side as he knelt and grasped my hand that was paining me.
"Are you okay? Does it hurt anywhere? Tell me, do you want anything " he asked worriedly, his gaze soft like he was talking to a child.

The feeling of uneasiness washed through me at his unusual 'show of affection'.

"Uh I I'm f-fine. I need to rest" I said as I did all I could to take my hands away from his but he refused to let go. Instead, he held it tighter.

"My hand" I said meekly.

"Oh uh y-yeah" he stuttered but he still refused to let go.
I sighed angrily as I tried pulling my hands away from his grip again.

"Son I think you should let her be" Richard spoke up. I even forgot he and Ma were even in the room.

He sighed roughly as he let go and stood up. He gave me a pleading look but I just focused in my fingers on my lap.
Until I heard the door close. I sighed in relief as I slowly laid down.

"I think we should have that conversation now don't you think?" Richard asked. I meekly nodded my head as I placed the few tendrils of hairs at the back of my ear.

"So why drive when you know you were not feeling well? Why didn't you come to us? I thought we told you you are welcome anytime here? So why" Richard asked but I didn't respond. Not that I have an explanation to give that would justify me. I didn't know what to say.

"Were you planning on committing suicide Avery"

. . .
Damon stilled. He froze.
For the first time, he was desperately wanting to hear a yes or No.

Unbeknownst to them in the room, on the other side of the door, was Damon who sat on the floor outside the room ever since he was asked to leave Avery alone.

Why can't they see it! He's a changed man already. . .

"No" came the voice he had been dying to hear. He sighed in relief when he realised his wife wasn't suicidal.

"Promise me you will never do that again" came Richards gruff voice.

"I promise" came her soft reply.

"Now lie down and rest sweetie" he heard his mom's voice say.

"Oh and don't think of standing up and going anywhere. If you need us, just press that small bell by your pillow yeah?"

"Okay"

Richard opened the door but was not surprised at what he saw.
His son scrambling to his feet. Something told him he never left in the first place.
He pat his son on the shoulder before saying a 'goodnight'.

Only then did Damon breath in and out nervously about what he wanted to do.
He cracked the door open and peeked through it. She was asleep already.
He sighed before whispering an 'I love you' to the night air before closing the door and walking away.

. . .

Thank you for your Patience. I love you.

Stay safe.