|TWELVE

I crept into my bedroom, trying my best not to wake Hana, as the first rays of dawn peeked into the room. My lips tingled; Monica still fresh in my mind. I smiled to myself; her bare skin in the moonlight is one of the most beautiful things.

The blob on Hana's bed sat up, and I froze. "You're getting back mighty late." She cast a glance at the window. "Or should I say early?"

"Yeah... um—"

She inhaled. "And you smell like perfume. Who were you with, Lilura?"

"Who are you? My parents?" I laughed. "Wait? I smell like perfume? I thought the shower would've gotten rid of that."

Hana beamed and patted the spot beside her. "Spill it."

I joined her, and Hana gave me a section of her blanket. "I went to get coffee with this wolf, Monica. I was already aware of her crush on me, but she kissed me. I told Monica that she would break my heart if her mate showed up, but she revealed that she doesn't have one. It's because of a curse, and the Fates wouldn't let me reverse it some twenty years ago. Anyway, Monica kissed me again, and... we went back to her place."

"Aww, how romantic," Hana teased.

"Oh, shut up! I'm starting to like Monica a lot."

"What happened to: "I hate werewolves! I can't wait to kill them all!" hmm?"

"That reminds me—now that I know that I can block mind-links, I have to interrogate Derek. Let's do that later in the morning."

Hana shoved me playfully. "Don't assume I didn't notice that subject change."

"I am going to bed!"

"Okay, you whore."

"Shush; I'm sleeping."

"You aren't even in your bed."

"Sleeping."

I tracked Erik's scent throughout the house, attempting to find his room. I had Ισκιος cloak me, and I hoped that would cloak my smell, as well. Erik's scent snaked from floor to floor, but it pooled around one door in particular. I drew a revealing rune on the wood to divulge if someone is present.

Nope—all clear.

I traced a second sigil—an unlocking symbol. The door clicked and popped open. Erik's room looked just like how I thought it would: messy with videogames everywhere. I headed to his closet to get some clothes. AKA, my objective for coming here in the first place.

I stole one of his t-shirts and some basketball shorts, trying to shove down a gag. I put them on, stuffing my clothes into my bear purse. The shirt hung off of me, but the shorts had an elastic waistband. Then I put on a pair of Erik's sandals.

I left, using a locking spell to lock the door behind me. I released my Ισκιος and shifted into Erik's appearance. Once outside, I called on the aid of my necklace. I needed its help. I didn't want to blow through all of my energy.

I reached out to Derek through the link. Yo, Derek. I found something weird. You should come and check it out.

What is it?

Kinda hard to explain it. I think it's got to do with some rogues, though.

Where are you?

Just follow my scent—I don't know where I am. I'm somewhere in the forest. That's why I stole the clothes—to surround myself with the smell of Erik.