|FIFTEEN

I pushed open the creaking, black iron gates and watched as the scenery shifted from cypress trees to a regal foyer. I let my natural form come through, but I kept the same face. My ebony hair fell to my hips, and my triangle seeped through my wrist—the familiarity of my old self put a smile on my lips.

I searched for Apollo and found him with that man again—Eugene, I believe. I gave them a smile.

"Artemis!" Apollo exclaimed, smiling. He rose from the couch and embraced me.

"I'm starting to forget. Is this my house or yours?"

He teasingly glared at me. "Oh, hush. You're not using it, are you?"

I kissed him on the cheek. "I missed you."

"Same as well, darling. Why have you visited?"

"Why? Are you mad that I have to pull you away from Eugene?"

Apollo snorted. "Have you come solely to terrorize me?"

"You know that I can't help but tease you. And no, I have not. I have a question."

"What is it?"

"Am I powerful enough to create spells on my own? Is that feasible?"

"I'm afraid I don't know, sister. As Hekate, you were rather reclusive. I suppose it could be possible, though. You have very ancient and very potent magic. Why do you ask?"

"Because I think that I did create an original spell. I tattooed Monica, in a sense. The "ink" is the same as my marks."

Apollo wolf-whistled. "Wow. That is an impressive feat. Monica is your girlfriend, correct?"

I blushed. "Monica is not my girlfriend. We're not at that stage yet."

"Mmhmm. How is the hunt going for the traitor?"

"Excellent! I found him! He revealed that he did it because Zeus convinced him that I abandoned my wolves instead of dying. And the wolf had help from some rogues."

Apollo grinned from ear to ear. "Θαυμάσιος! How marvelous! I'm so proud!"

"I have some more good news. I learned how to create mates once more."

He gasped. "Did you create a mate-bond between yourself and Monica?"

I frowned. "No. I just told you that we are not at that stage yet. And don't sound so excited like that."

"Yes, well, sometimes I don't pay attention when you speak."

I shoved him. "You μαλάκας. I created the bond between Derek and a girl named Damaris. It's an apology for the pain I've caused him and a thank you for his help."

"That was generous of you. I'm sure Derek was very thankful."

"Oh, he was."

Apollo and I chatted for a few more minutes before I departed. Hades invited me to lunch the last time I was here, and I wanted to take him up on his offer. I knocked on his office door once a maid informed me that Hades was there.

"Come in." I stepped into the room, and Hades smiled. "Hekate. Hello. What brings you here?"

"I am here to collect on that raincheck for our lunch."

"Good, I was just about to go. Though, I am meeting up with Thanatos and Charon, as well. Do you mind if they join?"

"Of course not. I haven't seen those two for many years."

"Great." He rose from his desk and linked arms with me. "Tell me, how is my wife? Is she faring well?"

"Persephone is doing well. Her ideas have been very beneficial in everything that we are doing."