Chapter 2

Chapter Two - Lost Love

Two days later.

The hired taxi drops me off near the territory of where the Bauer Pack is located. I pay the fare before watching him drive off and eventually disappearing as he turns the corner. But just as I'm about to start walking I receive a call from Vincent. Thankfully, our bond is already starting to feel the effects of the distance put between us and I couldn't be happier.

"Hello?"

"Have you reached?" He grunts and I hear a door close in the background.

"Yes. I'm about to enter the territory." I reply as I take in my surroundings.

"Good. Remember the plan. You need to call me before you enter his office so that I can listen in." He instructs and I roll my eyes in disinterest.

"Will do. Bye." I hang up and snicker to myself when I catch the start of his frustrated growl.

I start my trek into the territory and around ten minutes in I'm met by warriors guarding the perimeter. They're all bulky and intimidating men which makes my confidence slip a little but regardless I carry on. I notice their eyes narrow as I walk up to one of them and they stand alert.

A man dressed in all black gear steps up once I reach him. "Do you have permission to enter the pack lands?"

"Uh...no, I don't. Atticus knows me though, I'm an old friend." I smile as I hope he will at least let me meet him.

"Yeah, right." He snorts and his brown eyes shine with heavy suspicion.

"Please, just tell him that Olivia Peterson would like to see him. It's urgent. I mean no harm." I plead before sighing in relief when his eyes glaze over as he mind-links someone who I hope is Atticus.

A few seconds pass before he nods and tells me that he'll guide me to the Alpha house. I thank him and smile at the other warriors who only blink back at me. I follow the warrior through the territory in silence because he doesn't seem like someone who would like to have a chat.

Eventually, we reach the main pack grounds and my jaw drops as I take in the buildings. It looks like it's a mini city! When my family used to visit his over the summers the pack was much smaller so it's clear that ever since Atticus took over he has expanded it greatly. The Bauer Pack territory is ten times larger than Vincent's and I find myself looking around with wide eyes. There is a huge house on one side and comfortably sized homes a distance away with a cafe, what looks like an infirmary and training grounds in the middle.

However, the warrior walks past all this and I find myself on a pathway that leads up to an impressive house. The exterior of the Alpha house is grey with three balconies on the top level that are supported by pillars. The house looks quite extravagant with a sprawling lawn and a seating area by a fireplace out front. Three cars are also parked to the left under a canopy made of stone and held up by four pillars.

We walk up the stone path to the double doors made from glass. The guards standing outside open them and let us in with a stoic nod. I find my jaw dropping once more when I see how lavish it is on the inside. The theme is neutral yet bright and there's family pictures everywhere.

I'm guided down a hallway to our right and after two turns the warrior stops outside a black door. But before he turns to me I quickly call Vincent's number and turn the volume of my phone down so that his heightened hearing can't pickup on it. He nods at me to go in and I smile nervously before watching him take a few steps back. Inhaling deeply, I knock three times and wait.