Chapter 17

Chapter Seventeen - Soulmates?

It's now mid-January after Scarlett was banished from the pack and life has been much more peaceful since. Scarlett's family was furious over the decision and had also left the pack with her to relocate somewhere else. However, news got back to Atticus that she didn't stay there for long and left her family within a few days of joining. This was really concerning but Atticus had already anticipated this and tightened security.

Atticus and Bastian had also investigated and found that a guard who was regularly on duty at the Alpha house was hooking up with Scarlett at the time. When she found out that my parents were visiting she had slyly made the guard reveal what happened that night. When guards are assigned to the Alpha they must swear to keep all matters and discussions that occur in the Alpha house to themselves. Because this guard revealed everything to Scarlett he was punished severely for breaking a rule and demoted from his rank.

I was quite upset but eventually let it go because my past was bound to be revealed at some point. It's not like I could have hid it forever. So the fact that he was punished accordingly for his actions is good enough for me.

Despite the new security measures, the Bauer Pack went all out for both the Christmas and New Year's celebrations which I thought really helped to loosen everyone up after what happened. We all had the best time and I even went back home to visit my family after Christmas. Atticus had also joined me for my week-long trip and we re-lived some of our old memories of where we used to hang out in Quebec.

We have become closer than I thought possible and I know I've fallen for him all over again. Over the Christmas holidays we started feeling a bond between us that seems stronger than the usual bond between an Alpha and a pack member. We've made an appointment with the elders who reside in the city to see if they know anything about this or if it has happened to people before.

Other than that, I've been stopping by to check on the younger pack members who were bullied by Scarlett. Jake, someone who has just graduated university, runs a support group in the pack because he had been through this situation when he was younger. I encouraged the younger kids to join by signing up myself and now we all attend once a week.

"Hey, Olivia." Savannah greets me with a grin as I enter the training grounds. "You're up early."

Savannah was accepted into the Bauer pack right after new years as she wanted to spend Christmas at home with her family. Leon was more than happy to leave the pack house and they now reside in one of the standalone houses scattered across the territory to the east. They're so cute together but of course, Emilia and I take every opportunity to tease him about their relationship.

I roll my eyes playfully at her teasing tone. "Sadly, I couldn't go back to sleep for the extra fifteen minutes I had."

"Aw, poor little – ow!" She shrieks dramatically when I swat her arm. "Grumpier in the mornings I see."

I smirk before joining the other pack members who are on the morning schedule. When Savannah moved to our pack she took up her previous post of a warrior female and now trains the eighteen to twenty-year-old range. Unfortunately, because I have school I'm always on the morning schedule which starts at six a.m.

"I better have time to do my makeup and hair." Emilia grumbles as she sidles up beside me with her hood shadowing her face.

"Fuck that." I mumble after a big yawn before looking over at Leon. "You're drooling, Leo."

Emilia and I burst out into quiet snickering when he makes an embarrassed sound and wipes his mouth only to discover that I was lying. He glares at us playfully through narrowed eyes as we tease him for being head over heels for Savannah and not being able to take his eyes off her as she leads the session.