Chapter 9

Chapter Nine - Drunken Confessions 

It's eight o'clock in the evening when I finish my homework and power off my laptop. I put away my books with a relieved sigh because at least now I won't be stressing about it during the weekend. But just as I'm about to turn on the television three sharp knocks echo in my room. I frown before noticing Arcadia's scent and get off my bed to let her in.

"We're going to a house party." She states with a mischievous glint in her baby blues.

"Why?" I whine as I walk back to my bed and throw myself onto it with a huff.

"Because it's one of my friend's birthday!" She leans against the door frame and crosses her arms stubbornly. "Come on, Liv! Mom and Dad aren't home and neither is Atticus so let's go out and have some fun!"

After much pleading she finally convinces me to go out tonight. She leaves my room when I tell her I'll get ready by myself and states that I have an hour to do so on her way out. Walking into my bathroom I shave, take a quick shower and moisturize my body with a citrus smelling lotion. After I've blow dried my hair I choose a black, ribbed knit, off the shoulder dress. It has long sleeves and the hem ends at mid-thigh. It also has a cute frill detail on the top, arms and hem. I pair it with black heels and a clutch with gold jewelry.

I rush the process of styling my hair into loose curls and doing my makeup. After I apply the nude lipstick I quickly grab my clutch and throw things I think I may need into it along with my phone. Putting my heels on I take one last look in the mirror and with a satisfied smile I leave my room.

Just as I've closed my door Arcadia exits her bedroom and she looks stunning. She's wearing a black dress that has an asymmetrical hem and emphasizes her curves. Thin spaghetti straps rest on her shoulders and lead to a deep neckline. She has a thick, plain black choker to match with minimal jewelry on her hands. Her blonde hair spills across her shoulders and back in messy curls. She hasn't done too much makeup but her winged liner and red lip stand out which gives her a daring look.

"You look so pretty!" She grins as her eyes roam over me.

"Thank you! You look gorgeous!" I compliment before we make our way downstairs where there's a car waiting for us on the driveway. "Is anyone else going?"

"A few of my friends but I know Leon will be there too." She replies as she checks her phone. "We can't get shitfaced since Atticus is going to be home a little after midnight."

I turn to her with wide eyes. "I thought you told your parents you were going out!"

"No." She smiles sheepishly before rolling her eyes. "I mean, we're werewolves. It takes a lot to get us drunk so we'll be fine! They won't even realize!"

Oh, how wrong she was.

Not even ten minutes after we arrived at the mansion of a house Arcadia and I got dragged into a game of beer pong. After that, shots were passed around and some of us played 'Never Have I Ever.' Turns out I'm a lightweight because after that game I was more than a little tipsy. I lose Arcadia at some point in the crowd of people packed into the house but thankfully, I find Leon.

"Hey!" I greet him a little too excitedly as I stumble into the kitchen. I hug him tightly and almost miss the stool when I pull away to sit down.

"Are you drunk?!" He questions in disbelief.

"No." I stretch the word and grin at him. "I've just had a...few drinks."

He tries to grab the bottle of vodka from me and I growl at him in warning. Opening it, I take a big sip before grimacing at the taste. But the more I drink the less it burns so I continue. Leon groans beside me as he looks around for someone before giving up. Eventually, he snatches the bottle from my hands successfully and I pout in response.