Chapter 24

Chapter Twenty-Four - Empty

Atticus Bauer's P.O.V.

One day later.

We park the cars a mile out from the abandoned warehouse on the island. Several warriors flew in from the different state allies and I couldn't be more grateful for the increased numbers. We're also carrying weapons laced with silver and wolfsbane so that there's no chance of anyone surviving.

As we walk stealthily towards the house Novak flies the drone and tells us that the guards are still stationed around the building. The area is completely abandoned and deserted as it's set on the edge of the island. Good, I think to myself. Nobody will hear us tearing into Vincent and his pathetic army.

"Redhead's mine. I've been wanting to blow the last few brain cells out of her ever since she left." Bastian grunts with a devilish smirk as he loads his gun.

Everyone chuckles and for a moment the mood lightens before we become serious again. After going through the plan everyone splits up to take their entry spots around the house. Xander growls inside my mind and I can feel his blood lust rise at the thought of finally getting our hands on Vincent. I grin before settling into my spot while watching the screen Novak holds for any sudden movements.

"All teams in position?" Novak asks through our shared mind link before everyone confirms positively. "Go!"

We all silently creep up on the rogue wolves before attacking. Bastian and I work together on taking the guards down at the door before breaking in. I can see and hear my warriors stream in from the windows and back door. Everyone inside the house is completely taken off guard, just like we were when our pack was ambushed.

I growl heatedly as numerous rogue wolves jump me before Bastian shoots them down in mere seconds. As the warriors take care of the guards we're on the hunt for Scarlett and Vincent. From the video it's clear that Olivia is locked in a cell so we're on the lookout for that too.

I punch a guard square in the nose before slamming his head against the tiled floor. He cries out in pain before I twist his neck and rip his heart out. Chucking the organ away, I wipe my hand on my pants before turning the corner only to reciprocate Bastian's smug smirk as he pins a thrashing redhead to the wall by her neck.

"I'm running out of patience, Scar." He coos as her wide eyes land on me. "Tell me where Olivia is and I'll let you go."

"A-Atticus..." She breathes as tears fill her eyes. "You came!"

"I came for my mate and pup." Instantly her eyes flare with jealous anger as her features twist in disgust and hatred. "Tell me where she is."

"I'd rather die –" She scoffs haughtily before whimpering when Bastian presses the gun to her heart.

"That can be arranged." He murmurs with a wicked smile. "Any last words?"

I turn and shoot the three guards that were about to attack us before looking back at Scarlett who stares at me in shock. The seriousness of Bastian's words seems to hit her and she hesitates. Her eyes flicker between us as beads of sweat appear on her forehead. We can smell that she's scared and it's obvious that she won't sacrifice herself for Vincent's gain.

"I-If I tell you where she is w-will you let me go?" She stammers as Bastian drags the gun up to her temple.

"Yes, as much as I wouldn't want to." He rolls his eyes before gesturing for her to speak.