Chapter 20

*** This is a clean version of Chapter 20. For anyone who is over 18 years, you can find a book on my profile called 'The Forbidden Diaries' which contains the explicit version. If any problems occur where you cannot view the book then you may have to follow me. Reading the explicit version is done at your own choice as I have made sure to notify you beforehand. ***

Chapter Twenty - Birthday Blues

As soon as the bell rings and signals the end of Biology I race out of the classroom with Emilia, Leon and Savannah hot on my heels. I grab the books I'll need to complete all my homework for tomorrow and shove them haphazardly into my bag before zipping it up. Arcadia and Elias catch up to us by the entrance and we all make our way to the cars waiting in the parking lot to take us home.

The reason we're all rushing is because it's February twenty-sixth today which is Atticus' birthday and I have planned a surprise party for him. He's currently in town for a meeting and will be back by seven which gives us plenty of time to decorate and prepare. We had bought everything we needed yesterday and some pack members will be picking up the cake and other food that we had ordered weeks in advance.

When the cars pull up to the garage of the pack house I grin in excitement at seeing all the decorations on the outside. I haven't planned anything outrageous, just a barbecue party at the pack house with everyone. As we walk inside I see a table in the main sitting room that is already overflowing with gifts for Atticus and everyone is rushing about with excited smiles on their faces.

"Alright, let's split up and get everything done. I'll see you guys later, yeah?" I watch as they nod before running off to help with the preparations.

I head over to help with getting the food and tables set up with a few other pack members. After that, we start decorating the back garden with multicolored balloons and streamers. Some kids even bring confetti tubes to pop once Atticus comes in!

We work quickly and help each other where we can. Eventually, everything is completed and I'm so relieved that the preparations were finished without a hitch. Now all that's left is the birthday boy and I cannot wait to see his reaction. The pack and I have been so good in keeping this a secret from him. He thinks we're just going out for a dinner date tonight.

"Everyone hide! He's coming!" Bastian mind links us and we all race to find a hiding spot.

Someone who is close to the lights turns them all off which we chuckle at since he'll be able to see us in the dark anyways. After a few minutes of waiting we hear two pairs of footsteps making their way into the foyer of the pack house. I hear Bastian lure Atticus towards the main lounge room with an excuse of feeling hungry. Thankfully he follows and as soon as he steps in we all jump up with some people popping the tubes of confetti.

"Surprise! Happy Birthday, Alpha!" Everyone yells before laughing at his shocked expression.

"W-What – how?" He laughs before his eyes meet mine.

I smile smugly as he pulls me into an embrace. "I should've known!"

"Happy Birthday." I whisper as I kiss him quickly.

Everyone seems to catch it though and breaks out into a fit of cheers and hollers. I groan in embarrassment while it's Atticus' turn to smirk smugly. Rolling my eyes with a grin I push him into the crowd and our pack members immediately surround him. The elders wish him many more years of success while the youth sing happy birthday to him at the top of their lungs.