25

Song: Young Blood- The Naked and Famous

"Happy New Year!" I screamed in his lips just after the cliche midnight kiss. He repeated the words and brought me in once more.

I snuggled into his arms as we sat on the roof of Riley's house sharing a package of chocolate chip cookie dough I stole from her fridge. After our few rounds of beer pong, that Riley and I won reclaiming our throne, Cal wanted to steal me away for the countdown. I grabbed a snack and let him whisk me away.

Somehow he managed to find a way to her roof and we sat there with a blanket between us looking at the stars and moon, until the final minutes of the year. When we heard everyone else count down we joined in from our corner of the world.

It was funny how he managed to find his way up onto the roof. Riley and I never got on her roof. It was always easy to get up here, but we never did. I guess it was because we never really were here except for her parties.

We were still watching the fireworks when Riley peeked her head out of the open window yelling "I knew I would find you out here KP! Get in here so I can have my new year's kiss!" Which caused me to laugh and she continued. "Besides Liam is here and Tyler and Mason and you don't want our drunk asses on the roof because we will do it!" I heard their hollers in the background and knew our alone time was up.

We should have snuck out of the party when we had the chance. I was ready. I wanted to be with him. I wanted more. He was right though, we couldn't do anything like that on a roof.

"Okay okay, we are coming!" I surrendered rolling my eyes at Cal grabbing his hand to steady myself before making our way back to the window.

I gave Riley a big fat kiss on the cheek and told her happy new year wrapping my arms around her. We stood there, arms wrapped around each other for a long time. I didn't mind it, she gave great hugs. She was my best friend after all.

"You're in deep KP," Riley whispered in my ear.

"I know," I whispered back.

"The deep end." She giggled at the thought.

"The deepest of deep ends," I replied back with a smile. 

It wasn't a bad thing to be in the deep end if you wanted to. It was just a long way to the surface if all else failed. Good thing I could swim.

She wrapped me in her arms and tries to dance turning us in a circle, but she lost her balance twisting her foot and pulling both of us to the floor. Throwing us both into a fit of giggles, the boys decided to join in as Tyler yelled dog pile and suddenly the weight of the world was on me. We continued to scream at them to get up throwing punches to whoever we can until finally Mason rolled off of me and I could breathe again. I swore the boys weighed a million pounds each.

"Mason, what are you corn-fed?" I huffed trying to catch my breath, holding out my hand so he can pull me up.

"It's bulking season KP you know the rules." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Mmmm I don't know dude you're looking a little small." I heard Riley tell him as she gave his muscles a squeeze.

I started to laugh as Mason rolled his eyes making some comment about how she knows he's not small. This was when I left the conversation to go find Liam or Cal because both have seemed to have left the room.

Cal was supposed to be our ride. He offered not wanting to drink tonight. I wasn't going to drink anyway, but I thought it was a sweet gesture of him. Besides, maybe there was still time to convince him to leave some more time for us to be alone.