Gabby the Bookworm

Today 2:24pm

ASStin: what are you wearing right now?

It'll be your teeth as a necklace if you continue down that road.

ASStin: jesus christ woman. so morbid

Stop calling me woman.

ASStin: you are a woman aren't you? would you prefer I call you man?

My actual name works.

ASStin: Gabrielle?

God no. Gabby.

ASStin: you don't like Gabrielle?

Do I seem like a Gabrielle to you?

ASStin: good point I guess. I'll have to change your contact name

Yours is Asstin and it'll stay like that.

ASStin: okay before you insult me any further I did actually have a reason for asking what you're wearing

ASStin: I'm trying to figure out if the pretty blonde girl I see at Barnes and Noble is you

Nope. You must be mistaking me for some other generic white girl.

ASStin: Gabby I can see you texting me back

What a coincidence, her and I are texting at the same time.

ASStin: Gabby

Stop being creepy and just walk over already.

I reluctantly place a bookmark in between the pages of the book I was reading and shut it with a sigh. I look up to see Austin walking towards me, grinning when he sees that I've noticed him.

"And what brings you to Barnes and Noble to disturb me on my peaceful Sunday?" I ask, cocking an eyebrow with only slightly more amicability than usual.

"What, not even a little happy to see me after our date?" he asks me, still grinning wide despite my usual challenging attitude.

"Not unless you brought back some of the steak with you. I'm trying to study for our English test tomorrow." I say, wondering if he's done so much as to even glance at the book we've been assigned.

"You're studying at a Barnes and Noble?" He asks, amusement in his voice. "Not the quietest place that comes to mind."

"I didn't want to buy the book." I state, motioning to the book in front of me that I was mere pages away from finishing before Austin started texting me from across the store.

"Weren't you going to look at the Sparknotes online with Catrina?" He asks me, inviting himself to sit down in the chair across from me.

"It's not that long, I decided to just read it like we were supposed to. I've been meaning to read this one for some time anyway. Like you're one to judge my methods, have you studied at all?" I take note of his fingers, drumming at the table's wooden surface inches away from my own. They halt in their movements at my question.

"No... I was going to tonight. Why don't you tell me what it's about?" He urges, flashing me a hopeful smile.

"It's about seeing with one's heart rather than their eyes. You might have a thing or two to learn about that." I taunt, tilting my head with a smile.