Chapter 10

When I told Natsu I was pregnant that was four months ago. My stomach was already swelling up. It was somewhat bigger. Ever since I told Natsu he's been very protective of me. Whenever people would get close he will push them away and hold me close to his chest. People were lucky to even lay a finger on me. I've wondered whether or not Mating season had a side effect on Natsu. He's been overbearingly protective to the point where he would follow me to the bathroom, luckily I convinced him enough to just have him stand outside the door. At times the baby would kick around. It was always at unexpected times.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today was a day where it was just me and Natsu in the house doing our own thing. I'm reading a book while eating on some strawberries and sipping on some (f/d). Lately I've been having a craving for pickles and peanut butter but Natsu doesn't allow me to eat those too often so he has me nibble and snack on strawberries. While Natsu and Happy are doing whatever in the kitchen. I know I shouldn't leave them alone in the kitchen but I'm too lazy and exhausted to do anything about it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me and Natsu headed into the guild. It was still a drinking mess, it smelled like barels of liquor, more so Cana drinking again. When Natsu spotted Gray he didn't go fight him or anything. That's weird. Instead he walked me over to a stool by the bar and sat on the stool beside me. For some reason he looked serious now. It was more likely he was thinking again. This isn't the first time he's done this. He was looking straight ahead. "Hey (y/n)! Natsu!" Mira greeted. "Hello, Mira." I said politely. Natsu said nothing. I bumped his elbow, bringing him out of his daze. "Oh! Hey Mira." He said. Mira blinked. "Natsu are you alright?" Mira asked. "I'm fine." He answered, rubbing the back of his neck. "Are you sure Natsu?" I chimed in. "Yeah." He smiled. "So how's you and the infant?" Mira asked. "It's doing alright. At times it would kick around but other than it, it's been fairly quiet." I said. "How far along are you again?" Mira asked as she giggled nervously. " Seven months." I answered. "Just two more months to go and you guys can meet your child." Mira said. "Yeah, Natsu's been inpatient." I chuckled. He snapped out of his thoughts at the mention of his name. "Huh?" He asked. "Nothing." I said. Smiling up a storm.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Me and Natsu were walking home. "Hey, Natsu are you really alright? You've been zoning out." I asked. "Well now that we're alone I've wanted to ask you something, that has passed my mind..." he began. "Okay..." i said. "The only possible reason we're here together and are soon to have a kid is because of mating season...where would we be if mating season never came? Would we be with other people, staring a family with them? Would everything still be the way it was before all of this occured?" He asked. Welp. I wasn't expecting that.
"Natsu I'm pretty sure at this point we would be on a date of sorts. Besides, when we first got together you did show how much you love me" i said. He said nothing. "Natsu, did you have a crush on me before any of this occured?" I asked. "Yeah..." he mumbled. "I also had a crush on you." I admitted. "So even if this hadn't occured, I'm pretty sure we would be girlfriend and boyfriend." I smiled. "It's not just that...I never pictured this as how people get together. We got together by being mates, having sex over and over until our sexual urges were over. I never pictured this." He explained. "But it's how we got together regardless. Besides you love me right,Natsu?" I asked. "Of course." He said. "Then stop mopping. It's alright if this is how we got together. As long as we aren't together for pure lust." I joked. He laughed. "Yeah!" He puched the air. He laughed like a manic. I started laughing at his childlike behavior.

Yeah. Everything is turning out okay.