5: Rain

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

Taehyung was still in his room when Namjoon knocked on the door and he brought him food. When Taehyung didn't reply from another side, he entered the room only to be met with a curled ball.

Taehyung was awake but in a miserable condition. His eyes were swollen, red, and puffy, cheeks stained with tears, hair completely messy and there was a wet patch on his pillow. Namjoon felt sad about the sight when he called for his name but Taehyung didn't respond. He looked totally spaced out, his gaze boring onto the side wall and no more tears were escaping his eyes, maybe already dried.

After trying many times when Namjoon got no response, he left with a sad face, placing food on the side table.

"Come in," Jungkook said from inside as Namjoon knocked on the door.

"Jk. The boy is not good. He is not responding, not eating, not talking to anyone, and just crying for many hours. If it goes on like that, I am afraid he will lose his sanity." Namjoon said in a low voice while Jungkook was already watching Taehyung on his laptop screen. Jungkook sighed deeply before adjusting himself on his office chair.

"What can I do? I already did enough, didn't I?" Jungkook retorted while looking through some papers.

"Jk! Come on. The boy is sensitive. I know you told him not to talk with anyone. At least let him talk with Hoseok, maybe it will help to keep him sane. I heard him last time, he was mumbling someone's name in his sleep. You can't deny but the whole incident affected him badly, he definitely needs someone on his side." Namjoon almost pleaded in front of Jungkook who finally looked up with a stern gaze as he threw the pen on the ground with full force.

"What name?" Jungkook snapped making Namjoon puzzled for a moment but then he realized what he was asking.

"I didn't hear it clearly. I think it was like Jim something." Namjoon moved closer to Jungkook and patted his shoulder to calm him.

"It's natural JK. The boy is lonely, maybe he was just missing his friend. That's why I am saying to you to let him be close to Hoseok, it will help us to know more about him." Namjoon said with an assured tone, trying again.

"I don't want to know about him. I own him now and I don't know anything else. Why should I care for him?" Jungkook again snapped at his hyung but Namjoon knew how to convince him.

"Well. What if he falls sick again? Or what if his body becomes weak and unattractive? He is losing the shine of his skin. If conditions go worse, no one will pay for him." Namjoon used his last weapon to convince him, though he never wanted to send Taehyung to auction, he hoped that maybe JK won't send him to auction once he get to know him.

Jungkook was taken aback by those words. It wasn't like he cared for the boy and wasn't much interested in money too but he was more concerned about his reputation. He thought for a good moment and then nodded.

"Fine, but tell Hoseok to make him do work with him, keep him busy. Now you can leave." With that Jungkook again started doing his work while Namjoon left with a victory smile. He quickly made his way to Hoseok who was working in the kitchen and told him to take care of Taehyung. Hoseok gladly accepted the order and went to his room.

Taehyung was still laying like before, with no emotion on his face. Hoseok's heart clenched at the view. He slowly walked to him and softly ruffled Taehyung's hair he flinched a bit but soon relaxed after seeing a smiling Hoseok.

"Get up kid. You are looking like a zombie and I am not much into the horror genre. So please do a favor and freshen up." Hoseok said with a bright tone as he made himself comfortable on side of the bed. Taehyung was looking at him with purely confused eyes as he remembered Jungkook's words and he knew no one dared to break his laws. Hoseok got the hint and smiled a bit.