Chapter 28 - The Worthy (November 19, 2019)

May 27, 2019

Nagpapakiramdaman lang. Tunog lang ng patak ng ulan at ang mabilis na pagpunas ng wipers ang naririnig sa loob ng sasakyan.

Sa driver's seat, nakapalumbaba si Odyssey habang nakatingin sa direksyon ng entrance ng bar. His expression still unreadable. Like the universe' wonders are kept in his gaze.

Hindi alam ni Perci kung anong iniisip ng kuya niya kaya mas lalo siyang natatakot. How many times have he had rebellious streaks with his brother? Hindi niya na mabilang. Pero bilang lang ang oras na kinakabahan siya. It is only when he's as still as a log.

Bente minutos na ang nakakalipas nang paiyak na nagtatakbo si Monique palabas ng La Renta and Perci can't believe that the very girlfriend who made him want to swim in alcohol became the least of his worries now.

"K-kuya?" He wants to sound him out.

Akala niya kasi magaabang sila sa loob ng bar hanggang bumaba muli si Lee mula sa 2nd floor private tables, pero 'pag-alis ni Monique, lumabas na din ang kuya niya.

Pero hindi pa rin sila umaalis. He brought his car, but he insisted on sitting with his brother's brown sedan.

Wala na siya kahit na katiting na tama. Gising na gising na siya habang pinagmamasdan ang kuya niya. Hindi niya kasi alam kung nagkita na ba ulit ito at ang ate Lee niya simula ng pag-usapan ito ng mga kaibigan ng kuya niya sa restaurant.

He knew his brother didn't agree on taking the initiative to talk to Lee kaya inis na inis siya noong araw na 'yun. Kaya natuwa siya na kahit na walang nagpaparaya na maunang makipag-usap, nagkita pa rin ang dalawa.

He was actually so happy that he contacted his brother the moment he became tipsy. At least he wasn't part of the people fabricating some meet-cute between the exes. Alam niya kasing kagagalitan niya ng kapatid niya kung makikisali siya sa mga ganito. Perci, of all people, knew how much pride her brother has. And it isn't something conjured by his ego. His pride was built around him the moment he took their lives into their hands. The moment they left the family, her brother was just nearly 12 years old— but he managed to provide for the both of them, despite being a baby himself.

Perseus of all people knew that his brother is that one kid who has learned instinctively to take care of his little brother, without ever having to be told. Odyssey is someone to whom putting on a brave face is like breathing – the pride to be strong is in his core.

And although he has given in to his pride a few times because of Lee, with all the pain in his heart for 7 years of longing, he knew they can't push his brother into the things that they want. They just need everything to fall into place.

That's why Perci was all bouncing and glad the moment he saw Lee. Bukod sa natutuwa naman talaga siyang makita muli ang babaeng ito, he knew his older brother will come, and they will see each other. At least that can spark something that is organic to happen.