Chapter 38 - Feel (December 02, 2019)

*MATURE CONTENT*

Minors are advised not to read latter part of this update. It is has mature and angsty content.

~

Chapter 38 - Feel

June 15, 2019

"Nakikinig ka ba, Simon Odyssey? Huy!"

Gustong yugyugin ni Mizzy ang mga balikat ni Odi pero hindi niya magawa. After all, she is in their home.

Their new and lavish home.

And although it he doesn't seem so, he is listening.

He was.

He has been listening since Mizzy started opening her mouth and blabber about everything she knew about Lee.

But he just couldn't absorb it.

Her dad took his life? He usually didn't care to judge people who succumb to depression and somehow ends up taking their own life.

He has always known there will always be reasons behind everything.

But a successful, confident man— Mr. Gabriel? He couldn't even imagine how it feels like to be in Lee's shoes. All of a sudden, his emotions are in a puddle. He was already mad at himself for forcing his way through Lee. It wasn't something he was proud of. Yes, he was intoxicated, and he was yearning, but those can't be excuses of his actions. He will never forgive himself for that.

But he also can't still get the the anger on his heart. He is still unreconciled by a lot of unexplained things.

And now, he is being served by the news that Lee's dad actually took his life a few days before they leave.

"B-bakit hindi niya sinabi?"

Napatutop sa noo si Mizzy.

"Kuya?! Let's not push blames now."

"Ewan sa'yo Odi."

"Bakit ngayon mo lang din sinasabi 'yan."

"Excuse me, I am already risking my friendship with Lee now. I already promised her I won't tell you her new place, at hindi ko talaga gagawin 'yun!"

"Pero bakit nage-explain ka."

"I just wanted it at least, na kahit 'yung isang side man lang sa inyong dalawa, makahinga."

"She could've told me..."

"And what? Hindi ka aalis?"

Sumakit na naman ang dibdib ni Perci because of this conversation. In the end, he is still involved in the fiasco. It was all for him that his brother still left.

And Odi knew it was true. If their business failed, and his dad took his life, sumabay pa ang kondisyon ng nanay nito, Lee was a mess. The implication is, she can't go. She doesn't even have the resources. She also don't have the faculty to leave after being placed in a very difficult situation.