Chapter 42 - Warming up (December 07, 2019)

February 21, 2011

After Odyssey and Lee's suspension— all because of that public display of affection, it took Lee a few more days before she got to finally see Odyssey again. Dumaan kasi ang weekend na wala siyang ginawa kung hindi tignan ng paulit-ulit ang sarili sa salamin.

She laughs on how fitting the necklace was to her.

She had many jewelries, na hindi niya naman sinusuot. It's not that she didn't like them. Isa rin siyang typical na babae na natutuwa sa mga alahas na makikinang. But it's just that, she was too lazy to put them on her body.

Kahit nga mga hikaw na hindi niya maiwasang hubarin kapag nakahiga na siya sa kama dahil nakakairita, nakakalimutan niyang isuot kinaumagahan. Pati mga singsing na tinatanggal niya kapag may ginagawang dextrous, hindi niya na rin naibabalik.

Pero buong weekend, ni hindi niya tinanggal 'yung kwintas na 'yun bukod sa oras na maliligo siya dahil ayaw niyang mabasa ng tubig. Masyado lang siyang masaya.

Kakabit kasi ng kwintas na 'yun ang lahat ng memories ng mga sinabi at ginawa ni Odi noong nakaraang Linggo.

He was jealous!

The heartache she experienced all these months suddenly didn't matter. Because Odyssey was just acting that way because he couldn't figure out his feelings for her yet.

He has feelings for her!

Hindi pa rin siya makapaniwala!

She already gave up! Halos ilang linggo din siyang nagbabad sa kdrama para lang makalimot. She told herself it was just puppy love. Na mawawala din 'yun lahat kapag natanggap niya na sa sarili niya na hindi na talaga and that person she's giving her heart to didn't want any part of it.

But she failed to realize that the height of his emotions, which usually weren't there, were because of the presence of feelings. He shouted at her for pouring chocolate drinks on his book. He even returned the replacement book she almost died getting for.

She failed to realize that these extreme emotions were simply his ice block feelings melting. And she calls herself the one who loves him the most? Tawa lang naman siya ng tawa na parang nababaliw na. Even Yaya Melay is already cringing because of it.

Kaya hindi niya maiwasang ma-excite na pumasok ngayong Monday. One of the few Mondays that she was really enthusiastic.

Halos tumalon 'yung puso niya lalo na nang makita si Odyssey sa gate.

"Were you waiting for me?" She teased.

"Hindi ah." He said. But he takes her hand.

"Uy. Kaka-suspend lang natin."

In a bare attempt, he just let go of her fingers but their fingers were still linked.

"Parang baliw..."