𝖝𝖎𝖎. red eyes

⋆  FRESH BLOOD  ⋆
xii. —— RED EYES

▢    ▢ ▢    ▢ ▢    ▢ ▢    ▢

     "You know, Hoosiers is not only the best basketball movie ever, it is the best sports movie ever made." Jackson explained. Evelynn closed her eyes, and let out a breath. She clearly wasn't expecting her evening to turn out as the third wheel. In a way, she did deserve it, especially for not answering Lydia's phone calls or texts and also for not showing up on a triple date.

     "No." Lydia bluntly replied, not even bothering to turn to look at Jackson.

     "It's got Gene Hackman and Dennis Hooper."

     "No."

     "Lydia, I swear to god you're gonna like it." Jackson exclaimed trying to convince Lydia. Evelynn groaned mentally, slouching down on the backseat. If she could, she would definitely run out of the car and run straight towards Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital to hang out with Carol and Melissa. And the more Evelynn thought about it, she felt like it sounded much more funner than third wheeling with the golden couple.

     "No." Lydia shot back once again.

     "I am not watching The Notebook again!" Jackson shouted. This time, Evelynn let out an audible groan. She'd rather watch one of Jackson's favorite movies than a chick flick. She'd watched The Notebook various times, and those various times were with Carol who practically sobbed throughout the movie, and complained about her love life. And times like those made Evelynn question herself who the teenager in the house was. "Oh my god fine." Jackson sighed, getting out of the car.

     "Wait! Whittemore, I'll go with you." Evelynn said, opening the door, closed it, and ran to catch up with Jackson. He held the door open for her, into which she muttered a thanks and entered the store. The two immediately went Notebook hunting.

     "Can somebody help us find the notebook?" Jackson questioned after a while of searching. He didn't get a response, causing the two teenagers to become suspicious. Evelynn took a breath and instantly regretted I when she smelt blood. Lots and lots of bloods. She bit her bottom lip, trying to stay in control as she walked towards the leg that was popping out of the aisle, Jackson following behind her. Turning the corner, Evelynn stumbled back into Jackson, causing Jackson to stumble back into the ladder that was behind him. Once he had bumped into the ladder, it caused the ladder to drop, bumping into the lights and the store suddenly came pitch black.

     The two teenagers were breathing heavily, and Evelynn felt like her heart was about to jump out of her chest, due to the rapid beating. The two stumbles away, and turned around, realizing that their breathing wasn't exactly their own. When they had turned around, they saw red eyes that belonged to a horrific creature. Evelynn immediately knew that this was the alpha. And he was there, right in front of her. Jackson gasped and ran towards the nearest, vacant, aisle, pulling Evelynn along as well. They heard the alpha growl and suddenly the DVD's on the shelf began to fall and clatter onto the ground. Soon enough the shelves fell against one another, like a domino effect.

     Evelynn and Jackson attempted to jump out of the way to avoid being crushed, but they weren't fast enough. Jackson ended up on his stomach whilst Evelynn landed on her back. She stayed silent, trying to calm her breathing and her heartbeat as the alpha got closer towards the two trapped teenagers. The alpha lifted down Jackson's collar and revealed a wound that was on the back of his neck. Evelynn shut her eyes, hearing nothing but the sound of growling and Jackson's heavy breathing. And suddenly, just like that, the alpha left.