𝖝𝖎𝖛. teaching self control

FRESH BLOOD
xiv. —— TEACHING SELF CONTROL

▢    ▢ ▢    ▢ ▢    ▢ ▢    ▢

▢ ▢ ▢ ▢ ▢ ▢ ▢ ▢

After lunch had ended, Evelynn had made her way towards her locker, only to be grabbed by her wrist and was pulled away from the crowded halls that were filled with students who were rushing to their next class. Evelynn let out a small growl, veins beginning to pop out under her eyes as she turned to face her kidnapper. She met a pair of warm, brown, puppy looking eyes and she immediately stopped, her face going back to normal as Scott sent her a sheepish smile. Evelynn smiled back before she punched Scott on the arm.

"Ow! What the hell was that for?" Scott questioned as he rubbed his arm, Evelynn glared at him.

"For scaring me, you idiot. Couldn't you, I don't know, call out my name or something?" Evelynn questioned him. She didn't know why she was being so aggressive towards Scott. Maybe it had to do with the crimson red eyes that would always pop back into her mind no matter how hard she try to shake the image away. Letting out a sigh, she gave Scott an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry it's just...I'm fine, sorry." Scott looked at her for a few seconds not believing Evelynn. He knew her very well to know that she was lying. And he didn't even have to listen to her heartbeat.

"So did you need something?" Evelynn questioned, breaking the small silence that had fallen upon them. Scott furrowed is eyebrows before his eyes widen as he remembered why he had pulled Evelynn aside.

"Oh, um, yes. Stiles and I have free period right now and apparently he has a plan to keep me from wolfing out, which I'm scared to find out what he has in mind." Scott admitted. Evelynn laughed slightly and shook her head, agreeing with Scott. Stiles had always come up with crazy plans that somehow, sometimes, eventually worked.

Confused to why Scott was admitting this to her, she raised her eyebrow in question and Scott caught the silent question she was asking. "You want to come to the field with me?" Evelynn tilted her head to the side, contemplating whether or not she should take up the offer. She was supposed to be in chemistry with Mr. Harris. Skipping his class for a day wasn't going to harm her. Despite the fact that Mr. Harris wasn't too fond of Evelynn, not that he's fond of any student in the school, she still managed to pass his class with excellent grades. After all, she did have perfect memory recall. One of the pros to being a hybrid.

"Let's go." Evelynn replied, taking Scott's hand, intertwining their fingers together. Upon grabbing his hand, Evelynn felt small tingles go up her arm and a bunch of butterflies flutter in her stomach. She pushed the feelings away though. Evelynn was dead set on ignoring these growing feelings she's been having for Scott. There was no way that she, Evelynn Janelle Grey, had feelings for Scott McCall. It sounded absurd. The two of the have been best friends since they were kids so why did she all of a sudden develope an attraction towards Scott? Pushing her thoughts and feelings away, she turned to look behind her shoulder and noticed Scott smiling at her, allowing Evelynn to drag him towards the lacrosse field.