47

I woke up to find an empty room; I took a quick shower and changed before walking to the kitchen.

"Good afternoon." said Rm from the couch.
I looked at the time, "Already?"
He smiled showing me his dimples, "The guys went shopping, I stayed to make sure you were okay."
"I'm good, thanks." I walked towards the kitchen and came back with a bowl of cereal.

"Jin made some food and left it on the stove just in case you wanted to eat." he said as I sat down beside him.
"I just want something cold right now." I said staring at the show he was watching on the television.

"What happened yesterday?" he asked.
I looked at him, "Nothing..."
"You can tell me, I won't kill anyone." he muttered.
I smiled, "It's really nothing."

"Okay well... it wasn't your fault. They fight about every small thing."
"Why?" I asked.
"They just do. I think it's their form of... entertainment." he said still smiling.
I continued staring at the television, "It sucks."

"Yeah but I mean. What would you do if you lived with seven guys in one house?"
He was watching Friends, "I guess I'd do what they do." I signaled at the T.V.
"I agree."
...
It was already nighttime by the time we finished with the television.

"They're taking forever." I muttered.
He leaned back on the couch, "They always do."
I smiled, "I thought guys were faster at shopping than girls."
"Depends on the guy. The quickest at shopping is usually Suga and me. The ones that take the longest are Jin and Taehyung; sometimes Jhope."

"Really? Why?"
"I guess Suga and I don't care as much as they do about the details."
"I never had to care about details; someone else would do that for me."
"Really? Who?"
"Baekhyun... Sehun." I muttered.
"I forgot about those two. Where are they?"
"I... don't know."

"Could I ask you something?" Rm said facing me on the couch.
"Go ahead."
"Why is your dad so tough on you?"
I stared at the floor.
"You don't have to answer. I don't want to seem invasive."

"It's fine. Well... he wasn't always like this. When my mom was here he was the nicest person alive." I sighed, "My mom died in a fire. The car was set on fire while she was in it. I was only a child..."
"I'm sorry. You don't have to continue." Rm said standing up.

"I was in the car before that. You see... a man got in the car with us when we were leaving the mall. We thought we were being kidnapped." I continued, "My mom begged him to let us go... he wouldn't listen and he stopped the car in an abandoned place. He made my mom and I sit in the back and told her she had a choice to pick me or herself to survive."

Rm sat back down and gave me a hug.
I teared up, "She chose me. The man grabbed me and threw me out of the car before locking her in. He set the car on fire and I watched as he walked away and she begged for help... She begged me to open the door..." I was now crying, "I was so scared... all I did was watch as the flames consumed the car. I could've saved her. All I had to do was pull the door open from the outside or call for help."

Rm held me tighter, "It was her choice. You were too scared to do anything and I won't blame you for that and I'm sure more than half of this world won't blame you for that either."

I began crying like a baby, "I didn't cry for her. She saved me and I didn't cry at her funeral."
He smoothed my hair, "You didn't have to cry. It's not a requirement to cry for someone."
"But she was my mom!"
"And a good mom wouldn't want their children to cry."

"What's happening here?" said Suga as they all walked in.

A/n~ sorry for any mistakes✌︎✌︎