S i x :

Xena

I was right. Dinner was very long and awkward if I may add.
Every time I look up I saw Archer staring at me, almost looking into my soul. But I was very happy when we started to get up from the table.

We all walked out of the restaurant before saying our goodbyes.

"Xena, can I talk to you for a second?" Archer ask me.

"If you don't mind" he adds in.

My dad looks in between us before telling me he was going to wait in the car.

"Look Xena... I have a feeling that you're—" Archer starts but was soon cut of by his dad walking up to him and patting his back and telling him they needed to go home since Matthew had a meeting early in the morning.

"Okay" he nods at his dad before turning back to me.

He looks at me with his intense light green eyes before he continues to talk to me.

"I'll tell you later" he shakes his head before saying goodbye and walking to the car that his dad was waiting in.

I sigh before walking to my dads car.

What was he going to say?

Now that's the only thing that'll be stuck in my head and I won't be able to stop thinking about it.

"Did you tell him?" My dad says as soon as I enter the car.

"No" I shake my head.

"Honey..." my dad starts.

"I'll tell him. It's just that I'm scared that he might reject me. That's all" I say.

"Why would he reject you? Once you find your soulmate, you create a bond with them that almost inseparable" my dad says.

"But there is a chance that he might reject me." I say gesturing toward my body.

"You're perfect the way you are. And you're pretty blind to not see the way he looks at you with such adoration" my dad smiles.

I just sigh and look out the window.

Archer would never want me. I mean... he's Archer Howell for fucks sake.

The whole ride back home there was a peaceful silence.

Once we reached home, he walked up the pebbled pathway and entered the door.

We both went upstairs into our own room after saying goodnight.

As soon as I closed my bedroom door behind me I got out of the dress, washed my face and brushed my teeth and jumped into bed.

As soon as I was under the cozy grey duvet I started to think about what Archer wanted to tell me.

I soon then drifted off to sleep with the thought of a curly haired and green eyed boy.

——

The next day, I had woken up early even though it was a Saturday. I walked down the carpeted stairs while rubbing my eyes to get rid of my tiredness.