Chapter 21

"Hey" Lucas says standing at the front door 

"I'm not going back" I say crossing my hands over my chest, "I told my Dad that when I left" 

"Yeah and he said you still have to" Leo says looking board, leaning against the door frame

"He can't control me. I said I'm not going so I'm not" I say frustrated 

"Lia, we can either do this the hard way or the easy way. Either you come with us willingly or we have to drug you and take you. But either way you leave." Leo says frustrated. I can tell that he doesn't want to be doing this but that he doesn't have a choice. 

I don't say anything, instead I just stare at Leo and Lucas angrily. There is a whole lot of cars parked outside Drew and Blakes house filled with my Dad's men. 

"Vincent said that if you don't come nicely then we have to take your friends to" Lucas says looking down at his feet

I consider my options in my head, I can either try make a run for it but honestly I don't think that I would get far and then they would sedate me and probably take my friends which I defiantly don't want. So my only option is to go with them. 

"Fine, I'll come" I say reluctantly, "wait here I've just got to get my stuff" I say then slam the door in their faces. I made Drew, Blake, Ivar and Malcom wait in Blakes room when I realised who was at the door because I didn't want them to do anything too stupid. 

"I've got to leave" I say to them all.

Drew starts bursting out crying and hugs me. 

"It's fine, I'll be back before you know it" I say hugging her back. 

Blake, Ivar and Malcom all join in on the hug so it turns into a group hug. 

"Ok" I say wiping tears from my face, "I really need to go now. I'll talk to you soon" I say the last part mostly to Drew because she looks so upset.

"Bye" I say after iv'e grabbed my bag and opened the door to leave

"Bye" Drew says sadly while the others all say bye as well, well except for Ivar, he saluted and so I saluted back then we all started laughing a bit, Ivar's really weird sometimes but its good because he can make us all laugh. 

I walk out of Blake and Drew's house feeling like I want to keep crying but I know that I can't. I can't show any weakness around my Dad or his men. 

"How mad is he?" I ask Leo when I get into the back seat of the car next to Lucas 

"Mad. But not as much as I would of thought. I mean he didn't even try to stop you and he  didn't send us off to get you straight away." Leo says and turns around to face me from the passengers seat. 

"But uh, I have some not great news" He says looking regretful 

"Yeah" I say slowly "what is it?" 

"Okay well, there's this ball coming up, its an annual ball so its not unusual that its happening, its just that well... And I'm only telling you this now because I don't want you to freak out when your Dad tells you because, well, if you do then he'll get mad..."

"Spit it out" I say frustrated

"I'm pretty sure that your Dad is planning on negotiating your marriage to the son of the leader of the main Russian mafia" He says quickly not looking me in the eyes

"But you won't get married straight away" Lucas says trying to help the situation but instead I just look at him very angrily and he shuts up.

"Thanks for telling me" I say quietly and spend the rest of the car ride looking out the window. 

The only way for me to get out of this is to convince my Dad that I can run the family business by myself and then hopefully I can choose who I want to marry, and anyway I'm 16 so I shouldn't even be thinking about getting married yet.