9.

><>2nd person POV<><
::: Previously: You followed Andrew silently until he finally asked everyone's opinion on where to set up camp. You showed everyone right away that you were pretty smart when you pointed out the best location and why. At night time, you and Carter talked while looking up at the stars, telling him what the night sky meant to you: promises. And then you fell asleep, ready for tomorrow. :::
   [Mild warning: hostage situation]

     It had certainly been an interesting past three days. Well, by interesting, you mean absolutely boring. You could remember nothing but small talk with your fellow followers, as well as a small argument between you and Andrew about the right trail to follow. In that argument you had just backed off, knowing a day's worth of time wasn't too much of a loss. You and the others were finally close. REALLY, close. It was said the king was being kept prisoner just about half a mile away.

     "Alright everyone. From here on, be super quiet." Andrew almost whispers; but all of you are already riding in silence, just looking at the dark grey mountains around you. To your left is where the rocks continue shooting up above the clouds, which seem pretty low now that you are all walking through them. Below you, to your left, is where the mountain face suddenly drops down to a gorge. One slip on the thin path you are all carefully treading could be the last mistake of your life.

     Carter is right behind you, not taking his eyes off the drop below. You look over at him and scowl a little.

     "Hey," you say to get his attention. He immediately looks up at you, his face slightly pale from fear of falling. "Stop looking down." You say simply before you yourself look ahead. Carter listens and forces himself to look up from possible doom.

     "Um, Cody?" Carter asks from behind.

     "Yeah?" You say over your shoulder.

     "Um, when we get through this, would you mind coming back with me to warn my town again of the possible invasion? I know it isn't exactly your plan, but I would really like to know my friends and family will be safe." He asks you. You think for a moment. It doesn't take too long however since in your head you knew that if you completed this mission then there would not even be a need to go so far north. Instead, you could focus on heading east.

     "Sure. I wouldn't mind that. But, I will have to start heading east soon after." You tell the teen. He smiles slightly and you two continue in silence.

     Several more quiet minutes pass until the lot of you arrive at a large ledge, a cave just to the left divoting into the mountain. Andrew stops you all before going any further, keeping you all hidden from the entrance of the cave.

     "They're in the cave. Now, we rush in as soon as I shout, then surround them before they have a chance to escape. Got it?" Andrew sounded. You all nod in agreement, readying yourselves in your saddles. "...YHAAAA!" Andrew charges, all of you following. There are some surprising shouts from inside the cave and once you enter it you see firelight and what looks like a small campsite. When you all rush in, you surround the thieves from a safe distance. You and a couple others pull out the crossbows Andrew had given you. The new weapons are pretty new to you, but you remember having at least some brief training with them in your earlier years. You should be fine.

     The people you surround look like unfortunate bandits. Their clothes look like nothing but tied together rags and even those weren't very clean and cared for. You aim your crossbow at who you assume is the leader -- the only one wearing actual clothing and not a mix of potato sacks and rags. You somewhat feel bad for these unfortunate souls. It was clear they only wanted the money, maybe.