17.

><>2nd person POV<><
::: Previously: After lifetime after lifetime, you have revealed the truth to nonone, so you were having understandable concerns when you had told Carter, a young boy, who was now a young man, all about your long life and your time as Cody. And he, took it rather surprisingly, still just thinking it all over in his head as you left; headed for your next target: King Notch. :::

     You leave the large center building: Town Hall, as soon as you can. It is almost awkward staying in that same place after having finally told someone the truth about your past.

     "Co- A- Andrea! Wait up!" Carter shouts from behind you. You turn around quickly to see him running out to you.

     "What is it?" You ask inquisitively. Carter pants for a moment once he has caught up, and begins to speak right after.

     "I- I'm sorry. I was still processing everything. I just have to come with you.. I mean, I want to help." He says. You smile a little by the offer, but then frown when you realize what you are up against.

     "..Carter. It is too dangerous for you to come along. I know I will be alright because," you take a moment to look around for any snooping eyes, "you-know. But you? You aren't able to do what I can do, which is why I had traded my life for you in the first place." You speak much quieter.

     "You clearly don't have a plan then. Not everything requires brute force and fighting. Maybe for this one, it wouldn't be a bad idea to put a little more planning into it." Carter suggests with a smile, tapping his own forehead litely. You think his words over. He does make a valid point. Your last self was much stronger and capable than this one. A one on one on fight would never end well, especially against someone waaayy, more powerful than you. Maybe, Carter's idea isn't such a bad one.

     "Makes sense, but don't you still have responsibilities here? What will everyone do without you?" You ask.

     "Oh, they should be just fine. I am only here to make sure everything runs smoothly. Besides, I already talked with my second in command, Kakay, and she said she would be glad to fill in while I was gone. I just.. I just want to repay you for saving me, I guess. Like, after you died, I wished for so long that I could have done something to save you. I kept imagining all the what-ifs and possibilities that could have happened in order to save you. Now that you are actually here, right in front of me -- looking different for sure but still the same person at heart -- I just want to, be your friend, I guess." He gives his speech a little shyly. Without warning you pull him into a tight hug.

     "I will be honored to have you join me. Just, if things are looking dangerous; don't try to be heroic or anything." You thank, and instruct.

     "Heh, got it. No heroism." Carter chuckles. Then, he pushes you out of the hug, not being mean or anything, and looks at you directly. "So, what is your next move towards world peace?" He asks with a smirk.

---------------------------------------------------

     "Ya-know, I think it is kinda strange actually going against Notch. I mean.. I was practically raised hearing about him as the literal symbol of good; Herobrine being the symbol of evil." Carter points out as the two of you lay on your bellies, scoping out the castle walls of Notch's kingdom. It had been a, maybe one week, long travel. Both your horses graze quietly behind you two. Carter had reintroduced you to Prince, who was doing well after all these years. The stallion didn't appear to recognize you, however, which made sense. But still, you had kind of hoped there was some magical connection between the two of you as is with animals and humans in stories.

     "Alright, smarty pants, you want to go over the plan again?" You tease. He can tell right away and smiles back playfully. It has actually been nice just being able to talk with him along the trip on horseback.