24.

><>3rd person POV<><
::: Previously: The war between Null and the two high ranking immortals had begun. The void being's true power shown among the clouds. In the end, Null stood determined. Afraid no longer, and ready to win. :::

     With a silent battle cry, Null sprung up, pulling out it's diamond/gold sword, and charged at it's foe. Herobrine sprung away from the tree he had braced himself against, and the live wooden pillar snapped as Null's fist went right through it. A little nostalgic, Herobrine's eyes widened upon sight. Spikes of fear were only sent further through him when he saw those blazing eyes up close, literal white fire spewing from them, spelling out his doom.

     "Herobrine!! Get away from it, NOW!" Notch warned, reeling his arm back to send another shock of wind, but waiting for his brother to leave first. Herobrine suddenly snapped out of it. No. He was NOT going to cower away! He was a high ranking immortal! NOTHING was supposed to be more powerful than him! This thing must have only been lucky. He knew it then. Null had to have a weak point.

     "Get out of here, brother! I can handle this thing on my own!" Herobrine said with a scowl, ignoring his compressed fear. He could save worrying about the concept of death after he had won! Notch just rolled his eyes, deciding to wait it out and watch this new foe closely. That way, when his brother was dead, he would have a better idea of how to finish it off himself.

     The battle sprung back into such a thing when Herobrine made the next move, using his obsidian sword to slam the void figure into the remains of the tree it had smashed. Not seeing the action coming, and having it's actions been limited by it's own remaining pain, Null was actually hit into the broken tree, receiving pain from the shattered log as well. The void being quickly stood with massive splinters sticking out from it's side. The impaling objects had to be yanked out between dodging sessions. Herobrine's blade was a whirl, but Null was capable of comprehending the swings just fast enough to dodge. Once the last of the troublesome splinters had been pulled, Null struck Herobrine with a strong kick as soon as it saw an opening. With an 'oof,' Herobrine fell back into another tree, which cracked on impact. Herobrine had little time to recover when he saw the branches of a tree being swung directly at him. He slid his sword away too, seeing what Null was doing, and pulled a tree from it's roots to be used as a weapon. The void being then ran around the immortal-made clearing of trees, hiding slightly in the shadow of the trees; the fact that it was still moving giving up it's secrecy.

     The high ranking immortal slammed the tree he was holding down before Null's path, then lifted it again to be slammed down right on top of it. As the tree came down a second time, the void being had to think quickly, pulling up a black shield, made of solid dark matter. Right after the swift recovery from the impact of the tree on it's shield, Null warped the solid dark matter so a massive black spike was sent directly through it, rendering the massive weaponized tree useless! With a shout, Herobrine leapt towards Null the moment it had pulled away it's shield, and the two entered fist-to-fist combat; one which Herobrine was much more experienced at. Both the powers of speed and strength were used by both in a whirl of punches, flips, and kicks.

     Meanwhile, Notch watched silently from the treetops, scanning this new foe for any sign of weakness. Though it had it's divots in skill in certain areas, he found no obvious weakness he could exploit, internally bringing him into a minor panic. He and his brother might just have to use the forbidden move afterall.. meaning he couldn't simply watch his brother be killed. He would have to intervene.

Vwoop!

     An interesting noise brought Notch's stunned eyes back onto the void figure and his brother. Encapsulated around Herobrine's fist: was a golden bubble. The immortal's fist slowly sunk further into the tiny sphere, Herobrine trying his hardest to pull it out. Oh no. Null took that moment to catch the short break it so desperately needed. That ability cost a strain to it's overall energy, but in such a small form it was proving useful and efficient at the same time.