11.

><>2nd person POV<><
::: Previously: You followed Andrew and his other followers to the mountains where the young king of the dark empire was kept. Without anyone expecting it, you killed the young king, ending the line of evil reign, and raced off. You were nearing the town, hoping you weren't too late to save everyone from certain doom, when Carter raced up behind you, pointing up at the dark clouds in the sky. Quickly, you raced into the center of town only to find exactly who you had expected. Herobrine. :::

     You glare up at the immortal who hovers before you; he not even noticing your mere existence. Up in the sky, he watches over the town as his armies burn it down, helping here and there casually with a few fireballs. He is your next target. Even though you are far from prepared to face him, you can at least try. The worst that could happen would be if he kills you, which in your case isn't that big of a deal -- minus the months of painful conditioning out in the wilderness as soon as you reawaken.

     Dead-set on distracting the immortal, you load your crossbow and aim it at his chest, taking cover behind some rubble. You fire the projectile. It whizzes through the air, catching a hold of Herobrine's skin; but only his shoulder. It doesn't go deep -- as to be expected -- but it does do at least some damage. Most of all, it distracts the being from his moment of glory. You quickly duck behind the rubble as Herobrine's eyes shoot in your direction. You hold your breath, hoping he didn't see you. You hear as the same sounds as before continue and you poke your head out again. Herobrine has turned his back to you, and you take aim once again; this time for his spine, where it doesn't have to go deep to do some serious damage. You fire once again, the arrow speeding fast. This time, however, Herobrine turns around instantly and catches the arrow in his hand, right before it has a chance to penetrate his chest. He smiles down at you. A vile smile.

     "Ah, so there was someone down there." He begins hovering down to you. Since your cover has been blown, you don't try to hide again. Instead, you step out from behind the rocks a little more, a determined look on your face. "Strange how I didn't detect you," he mumbles to himself, "but that is beside the point! I can finally fight someone brave enough to try to kill me, again." Herobrine smirks, drawing a plain golden sword. Oh, now you KNOW he's being cocky! You internally smile. Oh, it will be fun calling his bluff!

     You don't speak; instead, you reload your crossbow in an instant and jump to the side, just barely dodging the gold sword the immortal threw at you. As you jump out of the way you fire the weapon, the arrow flying at Herobrine's head. It hits his brow, just barely missing his left eye, and the immortal grunts in pain. He did not expect you to be so quick. He takes action quickly and yanks the arrow out of his skin, allowing a little trail of blood to drip down onto his cheek. He glares hatefully at you, annoyed.

     "Why you little-" Herobrine doesn't finish, preferring to take action right away by moving a big portion of the ground toward you with one swift movement of his arm. You catch sight of the large object quickly and jump onto it. Right before the big piece of stone rams into a building, you jump off of it, showing off with a little flip. When you are safely on the ground, you hear Herobrine growl in anger -- probably wondering how a human could move so quickly. You smile only a little bit while catching your breath. Finally, you are fighting the one and only lord of destruction. However, you know you won't be any help at this rate. All you are doing is stalling. You need to leave and save people. Grr! You should have thought through this! Carter is taking forever! If only you hadn't been so driven for a fight! Then you could be actually saving people! You can't worry about that now. You need to find a way to escape. Maybe... Yes. You decide to fake your death so you can get away without Herobrine following or looking for you. "Die!" You hear Herobrine shout. Looking up, you practically see him on top of you, about to plunge his sword into your face. In the nick of time you roll out of the way; not having any time to swap weapons, you slap the back of his head with your crossbow in that same movement. Herobrine is quick too, and he spins around, golden blade aiming for your unguarded chest. You jump back, again just in time. Herobrine begins to look angry. You should be dead by now! But, you just won't let that happen. You pull out your iron sword while dodging and use it to block Herobrine's latest swing. The gold nearly cracks your iron, but you are safe behind the weapon. Herobrine smirks, spotting your weekness, and kicks your knee. You know not to fall forward where he will surely turn you into a human kabob. To counter that, you force your weight in the opposite direction and fall onto your back. Herobrine is on top of you, one hand holding your shoulder while the other grasps his golden sword tightly, ready to slit your throat. This is not how you had planned this to go. You had hoped he would keep up the far range attacks. Looks like he decided to not be so childish. "You will regret ever having the courage to kill me!" Herobrine shouts in your ear, pushing the sword closer to your neck.