25.

*inhales deeply* ............ *exhales* ...Alright, let's get started.. I just hope I can write this in a way so that you all can understand... Hhhh, this is going to be a hard one.. I can tell already.

Finally finishes, seeing it is my longest chapter yet. Well, I guess that makes sense now doesn't it? XD
=====================================

><>2nd person POV<><
::: Previously: Shackles. Blades. Nightmares. Fear... They have haunted you. They have bound your past. They have kept you stuck in a place of inner torment. Well, they try, at least. For centuries, you have pushed through like a champ! Forgetting the events, detail by detail, until they have become nothing but a..nightmare. Perhaps, it is time you finally wake from this. Perhaps it is time you accomplish your goal, and truly, live in peace.

   It has been a long journey. You have come so far. You have weeded all the bad throughout your time, preserving what good remains. You have successfully greatly injured Herobrine, who is likely still suffering silently because of it. You also have just recently poisoned Notch, who lay sickly in bed, awaiting his slow but guaranteed death. After all these years, all these centuries, all these rebirths, you are finally here: where you can ensure revenge on the wrongs of this world.

   Only problem is.. Have you forgotten who you used to be?... Have you forgotten the events which set this entire thing into motion...? How much do you truly remember, about who you were meant to be?... :::

• • •
*piano music plays* XD

      The trip is hardly a challenge for you, as you trek through both forest and valleys towards Afterwood, a city which you have been avoiding ever since it's creation eons ago. You hate that Herobrine has decided to attack this place, forcing you in to protect it. Nevertheless, you know what must be done, and apparently Afterwood is where that must be.

     It is dark when your horse begins to shutter under you, whineying lowly, detecting potential danger. You look out, seeing some dark figures poking their heads from behind the trees curiously. They are only Illagers. They would have to be the stupidest, uncultured individuals, to actually strike you. But, just in case, you nudge your horse into a trot, keeping their curious gazes at a minimum. You can't take any chances and die because of it. You are nearing the city limits, and being reset would only mess up everything. Plus, it hurts.

     After some further traveling, you find yourself in the presence of a well lit city street, surrounded by a bustling gathering of people. They should all be in bed sleeping. Why are so many in one place this late? You find a nearby stable, and give your horse over to a young girl who helps run the place, telling her she can have the horse permanently as long as she takes good care of her. The girl is confused, but apparently glad to finally have a horse of her own. You leave it as that, feeding your old horse one last carrot, before heading into the center of the madness. When you reach the center of a crowd-filled street, you see there are several in the very center up on a make-shift platform, wearing weary faces as they address the crowd.

     "We are not lying! Herobrine is going to attack this city! We have already seen his scouts! They could attack at any minute!" One warns, but his face looks more like he is just trying to cause trouble than anything else. The second looks at everyone the same way; but the third. He looks genuinely worried.

     "Oh, pish posh! Stop trying to scare everyone! We all know the Protector is watching over us! We don't need to worry about immortals ever attacking this city!" Someone in the crowd pipes up.