22.

><>3rd person POV<><
::: Previously: After following Naya, Stephen, and Toby to their underground village, Null met up with their parents, Steven and Alexa, who were once soldiers in it's previous army. After some conversing, Null agreed in it's heart that it was finally time to comfort.. Herobrine. :::

     With the sun, rose an army. The army was, vast, well trained, suited with the strongest of armor: diamond.. and ready to rock and roll. In a newly created fortress where the two immortals, Herobrine and Notch, were preparing to find and defeat Null, the two woke wide eyed that morning, knowing in their never dying minds that trouble was afoot. Both flew to the top of their shared fortress at once, catching the horrifying sight of an entire army, consisting of both humans and new grey faced soldiers, marching with the sun in their direction, all being lead by none other than Null.

     The dark void's glowing white eyes seemed to be ablaze in white flames as it marched before it's troops, a larger cloud of darkness around it than usual. Eyeing Notch so close to his brother with there being no quarrel between the two, it could only assume the two had teamed up in order to destroy it. Hmf. It would like to see that!

     "IN AID OF THE PROTECTOR!!!" The humans all hollared in unison, charging forth into what would soon be the battlefield.

     Without any organization, the portals of the Nether were opened between Null and the castle, and out poured the remains of Heronrine's army from his last battle with Notch all those years ago, obviously unprepared to face Null's army. It's army had been trained differently than most. Depending on the situation, the soldiers had been taught to either form one massive group, or split off into smaller groups in order to easily break through enemy defenses. There was much more to it then that, but months of training can not easily be described in a few sentences. Herobrine growled at his own army for their mindlessness as many of them were easily out witted by the humans playing simple strategy games with them on the battle field. The war had only begun, and already Herobrine was losing to those pesky humans!

Whhhh!

     A noise of rustling wind passed by the Immortals without them even knowing the source.

Whhhvvv!

     There it was again, but sounding even faster.

Dzz-dzzzzzz!

     Herobrine finally caught a glimpse of the noise causer. It was Null itself, in dark matter form. It flew at Herobrine with great speed, and right before the dark cloud substance simply passed through him, Null turned to solid form, kicking Herobrine directly in the chest with insane speed and power, it knocked the immortal off the roof of the fortress! Notch looked wildly for where his brother suddenly vanished to as Null returned to dark matter form, slowly building up speed once again.

     "Notch! Behind you!!" Herobrine warned his brother, giving the immortal just enough time to turn, notice Null zipping his way, and jump out of the way just in time.

     "Into the sky!" Notch shouted to his brother, suggesting they hide and regroup in the clouds.. however.. that had been Null's plan all along.

     As soon as the two of them were at cloud height, Null added a few clouds of it's own. These clouds were pure black, and impossible for even an immortal to navigate in -- as the fog had been perfected to block out any extra senses completely. The two were now trapped. If they tried to fly down, Null would only make the clouds descend with them, blinding them so that they would hit the ground before realizing it, and if they went up, well, pretty much the same thing, except they wouldn't run into the ground. As perfect as this little plan was, the two immortals trapped inside were now smart enough not to underestimate their opponent, and they devised a different plan of escape. They knew Null had it's limits, so they intended to use that to their advantage. Both flew in opposite directions of each other. One east and another west. Since Null didn't have unlimited dark matter fog within it, it could not keep both of them in the same cloud, so it prioritized Herobrine, letting Notch free of the darkness. Null decided to begin it's full attack on Herobrine and drew it's sword. A new, sword -- a thick diamond blade laced with delicate gold near the handles, and has small bits of obsidian at it's core to double the weapon's durability. On top of that, it was very well enchanted, some enchantments even being ones only Null itself could use, such as strange sounding ones like, "Immortal bite IV."

     Once the sword was readily prepared, it switched back into dark matter form, zooming in and out of the cloud at random. Herobrine could do nothing but try to guess judging by sound where Null would strike from, as it swooped in and out, each time turning into solid form just long enough to slice as it passed by it's enemy. The immortal, Herobrine, even began to bleed at the wounds, showing his weakening state. Null sped out of it's cloud once again, turning to go back in, when a massive wind blew it off course, pushed far below the clouds. The source of the wind was none other than Notch, who pulled his arm back to touch his shoulder as if pulling back on a bow-string. Null quickly returned, it's dark matter form searching for that other brother. When it Finally caught sight of Notch, Notch swung his arm outward, a shockwave of booming wind hurtling back in the direction of the ground. Notch followed Null down, continuing his waves of wind until the thing slammed into the ground, taking down any trees that tried to cushion it's fall along with it.

     Null re-awoke from it's dizzy gaze with a startle as Herobrine's dark obsidian blade pierced it's heart; where the dark form half lay after falling. Null looked up into Heronrine's eyes with remorse, silently pleading to be spared as the unbearable pain shot through it's version of a body in volts. Herobrine only grinned, teeth showing, and he sliced downward, the sword still lodged in it's chest. Slowly, as Null rocked slightly, overwhelmed by the pain, Herobrine knelt down to growl in it's ear.

     "..You never stood a chance.. pet." Null only shuddered in response. "I bet you never even figured out your purpose, did you? I bet.. the only reason you bonded with the human species in the first place was because of how worthless you felt!" At that last bit The obsidian blade was yanked from the dark form's chest. Just out of interest, Herobrine glanced at his sword to see if there was any form of blood on it. Still.. None.. "Face it.. Null, You're just a mistake this universe happened to make!" Angered, talking the void being down further, Herobrine lifted his sword to be thrust into the being's head. "The only reason you even still exist is because all you are is some black-hole of power! Power that will be mine when I KILL YOU!!" Herobrine then brought his sword upon the dark void creature, silencing even the gentle breeze as a pain provoking noise took it's place.

     The world was silenced as Herobrine panted, fueled by anger. Since Null was so dark, Herobrine didn't quite know from that angle if he the figure's eyes had closed upon it's death, or if it had hit another part. Tilting a little to the side, Heronrine's face paled when two glowing eyes met with his identical ones, except they were shining like blazing stars, a form of determination in them. Looking at his sword, Herobrine saw that Null had just barely managed to stick up it's arm to defend it's head. Sure, the form's arm hurt like mad, but it was nothing compared to when it had been stabbed in the head prior.

     'Heh.. I can't believe I was actually afraid of you for so long. You're full of nothing but lies; lies made to cover up your true fear... I really was being an idiot back then..' Null spoke to Herobrine through it's mind. Herobrine gulped, finally having his bluff seen through. 'I have a feeling that it is you who are feeling purposeless, because I have a purpose FAR greater than yours, and that is to bring peace back to this world!!'

     Null shouted in Herobrine's head, punching it's foe in the gut to add onto it. Herobrine went falling back, yanking his sword with him from Null's arm. He was not going to let that sword go. Null weakly pushed itself to it's feet, it's arm curled up at it's side, nearly useless. But, the battle was not over. It was far from that.