fourteen.

THAILIANA WILKINSON

THAILIANA WILKINSON

"I'm not going to the races with Tommy anymore."

"Oh really?" Thailiana fidgeted, she knew very well Grace wasn't going with him. "How come?"

"He told me, he wanted somebody else." The blonde said, drying a glass with a cloth. "Do you know who that could be?"

Thailiana kept her mouth closed, only smiling timidly at the woman beside her and shrugging her shoulders. Of course she knew, and she didn't doubt that Grace did too. The two stopped chatting as Thomas Shelby tapped on the windowsill of the snug.

"Give me a bottle of whiskey and three glasses, please."

"Scotch or irish?" Grace cut in for the Wilkinson woman next to her, giving her a smug glance before moving towards the different types of alcohol. She grabbed a bottle of Irish, as Thomas had asked. Thailiana picked up three glasses and the blonde handed her the bottle as more men came up to the bar. The barmaid placed everything on the windowsill, eyes locking with Tommy's before they fell on his lips, a cigarette balanced between them.

"I've decided not to go to the races," Thailiana began, keeping up a face void of emotion. "Not unless you give me two pound and ten shillings toward the dress."

"Are you asking or demanding?" Thomas smiled, amused by the woman's attempt to appear intimidating.

"How much did you pay for the suit you'll be wearing?" The brunette taunted, her muscles begging to form a smile as she ignored his question.

"Oh, I don't pay for suits. My suits are on the house, or the house burns down."

"So you want me to go looking like a flower girl?" Thailiana grinned, leaning in slightly. She knew, and so did Tommy, that she had enough fancy dresses and she didn't need his money at all. She just enjoyed teasing him, wanting to see how much he'd give for her to go with him.

"What I want makes no difference." He replied before leaning in so he was close enough to the woman's ear that she'd hear his whispers. "But really, Liana, I don't think your clothes matter when you look that good."

The Shelby grabbed the bottle and glasses off of her, placing them on the table before walking back to the window. Thailiana took a step backwards as he reached out to shut it, heart pausing at his following words.

"Either way, it's not me you're dressing up for."

Then who was it for? The brunette stood confused, wondering what he possibly could've meant. She didn't stay in her dazed state for long, two men walking through the doors of the pub distracting her from her thoughts. They walked into the snug and she realised they were the company Tommy was expecting.