eighteen.

THAILIANA WILKINSON

THAILIANA WILKINSON

Thailiana busied herself by washing up used glasses, the Garrison was strangely empty for midday on a Monday which led to a lack of things to do. It was boring to say the least, she had nobody to talk to as Grace hadn't started her shift yet.

"Thailiana!"

Her head shot up at the sound of the eldest Shelby brother's voice, eyebrows raising in surprise.

"Hi, Arthur." She smiled widely at him, placing down the now clean glass on its shelf. "How are you?"

"I'm great, just dealing with family business, eh!"

The brunette moved her attention towards Thomas after nodding at the man's words, who stood beside his sibling. He looked rather handsome, his lips forming a small smile as their eyes met. The action didn't go unnoticed by his aunt, who glanced between the two in curiosity.

"I'm Polly, their aunt."

"Nice to meet you." Thailiana grinned at the intimidating woman, hoping she'd get a smile in return. She did, shockingly enough, although it was only a small one. "I'm Thailiana."

"Yes, I've heard of you." The older woman smirked, glancing knowingly at Tommy. "You're the barmaid my nephew took the races, correct?"

"I am."

"Well, I must say, you seem lovely."

"Oh, thank you." The brunette stuttered, her face heating up at the unexpected compliment. She was quite happy that his family approved of her, though it had no importance as they were not together. "So do you."

Polly's smirk only grew at the girl's uneasiness, amused by the fact such a timid being could be drawn to Tommy. She was more surprised that her nephew had taken a liking to her, she seemed too innocent and calm to be his type of woman. Or maybe that's exactly what he needed, someone that could ground him and cool him down.

"Right," Thomas interrupted, nodding his head towards his friend. "Four glasses and a bottle of whiskey, please love."

The trio walked into the snug, joining John who'd been waiting, and left Thailiana alone with the couple of men who sat in the pub. She grabbed a tray and placed four glasses on it, taking the bar's finest whiskey before she placed them on the window sill to the private room. Tommy grabbed them, his hands lightly brushing over the woman's soft ones. The contact caused a blush to arise on the brunette's cheeks and she quickly dipped her head down, her hair covering her face, in hopes he wouldn't notice the bright pink tint to her skin.