sixteen.

THAILIANA WILKINSON

THAILIANA WILKINSON

Thailiana didn't wait long as Tommy came around the corner of the Garrison at exactly nine o'clock. She approached the car gracefully, giving the man a small smile as he opened the door for her from the inside.

"Is it just the two of us going to the races?"

"Something like that." Thomas replied, his eyes discreetly trailing up and down her body that was very much accentuated by the tight red dress. He waited until she was sat properly in the car before he drove down the busy streets of Small Heath. The two barely spoke as they made their way to the Cheltenham races. It was a peaceful silence, they both took in the presence of the other.

Once they'd arrived, Tommy guided Thailiana through the back doors with a hand on her back.

"Are you sure we're allowed in here?" The brunette worried, pulling down her dress as she glanced around her.

"Well, I prefer to come to the races the back way. It keeps me out of trouble," He smirked at the woman's concern. "Tracks are lawless places, I can't stand petty criminals. This way."

"Will we get to lay a bet?"

"Nah, gambling is for mugs. This way." He led her through the hallways, gently pushing her with the hand he kept on her back. "You're lucky you're with me or you'd be wasting your money on fixed races."

"I always wondered, how do you fix a race?"

"How should I know?" Thomas said, opening a door that brought them into yet another hallway. He let the petite woman through before placing his hand back where it had been previously. "Okay, you do the talking."

"What?" Thailiana questioned, looking at him as confusion flooded her mind.

"Tell security you are Lady Sarah Duggan- excuse us. Lady Sarah Duggan of Connemara. You got lost when you went to look for the boy riding your horse, Dandy Flower." The man ordered, keeping his eyes ahead of them. "If they ask about me, say that I'm Prussian and don't speak a word of English."