CHAPTER 17 - VENGEANCE SHALL BE MINE. THE NORTHERN LIBRARY

The last day of college had arrived, the last school day, Friday. The afternoon was surprisingly cool. Not too hot not too cold, the temperature was just right. Just one more subject, half an hour and the research on Diablisee would begin. It was back to 'The Northern Library'. From Monday to Thursday, our four adventurers studied, did the last of their assignments and projects and prepared themselves for a showdown with the sorceress by perfecting their fighting skills any way they could.

"Attention all student of the university of Jovelia, you have successfully concluded your day here, do enjoy the rest of your day" and there it was, college was concluded until September 7th, the day it reopened and the day of graduation. Every student wasted no time. They all scattered to the gate to get home and begin their Summer vacation of travelling, gaming, television, relationships, families and friends.

"Bye Liam, see you at graduation!" Sherry shouted at the gate with a tiptoed wave at Liam.

"Yeah see you then!" Liam shouted back with a smile.

"Diego, Ingrid, Fallon, Jessie, let's get outta here!" Sherry was over the moon happy for this break she was about to embark on.

"You're not gonna put us in any danger are you?" Diego asked knowing she was a wild card.

"She probably WILL!" Jessie exclaimed as she pulled him by the hand to dance at the gate.
Ingrid and Fallon giggled feeling so lucky to have friends like these.

Our four adventurers scurried off to The Northern Library in search of information on Diablisee. Genevieve went to the washroom at the back left door of the building, Karry went with her. Liam and Stephon walk around in search of anything...mythical or magical. The blue flamed spirit figure appeared again. She pushed a burgundy book with silver cursive writing that said 'Biography of Mythical Sorcerers and Sorceresses' Liam and Stephon heard the boot fall and both had the same line of thought.
*The cliché, book falling off a shelf thing... must be the right book*. And so it was.
The boys sat at the table next to each other. Liam held the book tightly in his hands, exposing his muscles as they contracted from the tight clench on the book and Stephon glanced at his arms.
"Are you staring at my arms?" Liam asked with a chuckle.

"Well, I wondering how you got so much muscle, we always played our little 'Who's Brawnier' game and you always beat me" Stephon said with a slight blush suffused on his face.

"Oh, I guess I just exercise a lot, but you look pretty strong yourself Steph" Liam complimented him and he blushed.

Liam opened the book to the content page. He saw many sorcerers and sorceresses, but was only interested in Diablisee. He turned to page 344 and saw a drawn picture of her on the entire page, while on the other side, rested in cursive writing, her biography. He read to Stephon.

"Diablisee was once the sorceress of light. She was apart of a magical quad called 'The 4 Ls'. Love. Life. Liberty. Light. Diablisee was a kind soul, a lover of nature and animals. She communicated with both very well because of her linguistics. All light spirits adored her, she was loved by all including her sisters, love, life and liberty, not her biological sisters but sisters by heart. Though she was powerful, the leader was life, not because she was the strongest but due to her ability to keep the power of the magical quad intact and together. Diablisee didn't like this, she thought strongest is in charged. Diablisee attacked her, trying to steal her magic, the thing that made her the Sorceress of Life and after the contentious battle, she sought out her 'Genesis'. Each Sorceress had what is called a 'Genesis', filled with the same type of magic used by each. Diablisee took that and sucked out the magic energy inside. She became stronger. She sought out the powers of her other sisters and stole their Genesis. However, with the efforts of the two members of the quad, and the little magic they had left, they restored only ¼ of 'Life's magical energy and with a combination incantation, Love and Liberty cast her to 'The Oblivion', a wasteland for lost or infamous, souls, creatures and miscreants. Unfortunately, 10 years later, she escaped. Found herself a Place to live in and a Palace to call her home. The 3Ls knew putting her back in the 'The Oblivion' was useless for she could escape again and again. So, in the comforts of her home, they cast a binding incantation upon her, of 106 curses and the only way to escape her prison home, is to pass those 106 curses onto others. Though they knew it was a terrible faith for any unfortunate human that came across her, they concluded they had to do it, in order to protect the earth and all who inhabited it. Now she is known as Diablisee, S.O.D (The Sorceress of Darkness).