7.

"Because today is my turn to teach you how to kiss."

I kept staring at Asher, not knowing what to do. It's been weeks since that kiss happened. I was glad we hadn't brought up that topic until now.

"Uh, Asher. I think we already...did kissing... lesson. " I took my time to make this wordy sentence. I don't know if it makes sense or not, but all I know is, I'm nervous as hell. I thought it'll be a one-time 'kissing' lesson.

"That wasn't a proper lesson like you tested my maths basics in the starting, that's how I tested your basic skills that day."

Before I could react, he grabbed my hand, and we both stood in front of each other. He brushed the hair on my aside and cupped my face in his big warm hands.

"Don't think anything because there is no going back." He almost whispered the part.

I was taken back by his direct response. I carefully looked at him, found him staring longingly at me. I tried to find any expressions on his face that show me if he'll laugh in a few mins. But he remained serious. I blinked several times as my mouth went dry. I was about to cautiously open my mouth to say something when Asher abruptly got back and said: " Yeah, so the first lesson is getting comfortable within each other's touch and I think you are comfortable with me."

I stared at him dumbfoundedly. And for not making this situation awkward, I was about to ask how he thinks I'm comfortable with him. I know that is something stupid to ask, but I don't know what else I should at this moment.

But before I could say anything, he speaks up "And I am sure you are comfortable with me. because you didn't push me away when we were standing that close."

Yeah, he got the point.

"Yeah, I'm comfortable with you." I don't know why I said that, but I felt like I should. He gave me a small smile and came a little close to me again. He holds my hands in his and gives me a cute smile. I smiled back.

He is so charming.

"Now, people don't kiss on both lips directly. One typically goes for the bottom lip and the other one for the upper. Usually, girls go for bottom lip because of their height. " He said in a serious tone. I appreciate how he is trying to sound so serious at the moment; it's helping me to stay in limits.

I nodded while taking mental notes. All I have to do is kiss his bottom lip first. Easy peasy.

He slowly gets close to me; he wraps his strong arm around my waist and gently put his hand on the side of my neck.

My hands were awkwardly resting on his chest. I could feel his slow and steady breathing.

He was leaning in slowly as he got so close to me, without thinking I moved my head a little back. Like I don't want to do it. He stopped and pulled his head back.

"I am sorry it happened. I didn't do it. I'm  sorry." I mumbled an apology for my embarrassing behavior. Why did I do that? Uh.

"It's okay. I can see you are nervous." He offered me a considerable smile.

I smiled back and took long deep breaths. I can do this. It's just a kiss with the school's popular boy. Nothing weird at all.

You can do this, Hailey, remember the steps. First, look into his eyes, then lips, and then go for his bottom lip.

I stood straight and took a few more deep breaths, trying to be confident. He didn't pull his arms away and let me get comfortable in them. He keeps giving me encouraging smiles.

We looked into each other's eyes, and his gaze shifted to my eyes to on my lips. I did the same. His lips look incredibly delicate. Does he exfoliate them regularly? And I have chapped lips in front of him. I looked back into his eyes to observe if he hates my chapped lips. But there was no disgusting expression but pure dark, deep-set eyes. Unconsciously, I gently licked my lips, so they look less chapped that instantly made him look at my eyes and leaned forward more.

He slowly leaned more, and I can feel his steady breath on my face. His face was so close to me like he was asking for my permission again. I closed my eyes and reduced the distance. As soon as his lips touch mine, I felt like I'm in an otherworld or another dimension.

I stayed still and felt he tilted his head sideways. I naturally followed him, tilted my head to the other side. I instantly noticed after doing that. We got more direct access to the lips.

He slowly takes my upper lip between his lips and starts kissing it. I stand stiff there, undoubtedly feeling a thousand rare butterflies in my stomach and no knowing how to respond. Suddenly I felt his arms on my shoulders gently massaging, causing me to relax a bit. I got instantly relaxed under his gentle touch and remembered he said to kiss his bottom lip.

But how can I do that while he is doing things with his mouth?

We both will do it at the same time?

Maybe.

I decided to go for it. I awkwardly move my lips to take his bottom lip between mine and start to follow his movements. I felt his breath on my face, getting rapid with every second of this kiss. I was therefore focused on his breath and moments that I stopped breathing for a few secs that made me cough so loudly.

I pulled away from him and put my hand on my chest while coughing loudly and start taking deep breaths. He quickly rushed towards me, panicking. He began to massage my back and hold me close to him.

"Are you okay?" He said the panic was entirely in his voice.

I tried nodding my head as yes.

"Wa..ater." I tried asking for water and sat on the stool in my kitchen.

He gave me water and gently massages my back with his gentle hand. I drank the water slowly and gathered deep breaths.

"I am sorry for choking." I apologized embarrassingly.

"Nah, it's fine. Are you okay?"He confirmed one more time. I nodded my head, and none of us said anything.

"By the way, you were amazing." He smiled and looked at me. I shockingly looked at him with my eyes popping out.

"I know I am straight forward, but that was the truth." he lightly shrugs his shoulders.

I slowly nodded, letting his words sink in.

Before the awkwardness in the room gets thicker, we said bye, and he went to his home. I took a shower and lay down for peaceful sleep, but when the rest was nowhere near me. My mind wanders back to the time when his luscious lips met mine.