8.

The next morning, I woke up late with the same kiss on my mind. I didn't realize if I was fully awake or not. I just stayed on the bed, not bothered by the passing time. Suddenly I snapped my head in the clock direction and realized I was so late. I might even miss my first class if I do not hurry.

I rushed to the bathroom, decided to skip the shower, for now, I just brushed my teeth, and wash my face with water. I went straight to the closet and grab the fastest pair of clothes I could. It was black and white stripes t-shirt with a black pair of jeans. I grabbed my white snickers and rushed out to my garage. I've started the engine of my car and thank god it worked. I reversed my car and about to drive away when I noticed my suspicious neighbor was hawking at me. I frowned at her. It was her ordinary behavior, but something about it tells me She is going to put someone's life in misery today. Bless that soul.

After a few mins drive, I was at my high school desperately trying to find the parking. But it was packed like everyone remembered to come today. I drove to the nearest coffee shop and parked there. I ran to my school, straight to my class. Everything has to happen today.

Opening the door of my overcrowded classroom, I saw Mrs. Jane Brown, the English teacher. She was surprised to know I am late for the first time in my school history. I apologized and sought an unoccupied seat. Usually, I sit in the front, but today I am late. There are some unfamiliar faces in the class as well. I found an empty seat in the corner, which I don't usually go for, but today I have to compromise if I want to attend this class.

I noticed the shock look on Asher's face, and I was a little surprised also to see him in this class. I focused back on my attention back on the board.

______

I was waiting for Asher to arrive while Flipping through the pages of boring business magazines.

Owen Karson, young and fresh talent rising above in the business industry. He took over his deceased father's business and made it one of the top companies in the world. He is determined, intelligent... I skipped the page and flipped some more pages.

Benjamin Brown, the owner of Brown Company, lost 3 million dollars in a deal...

I reluctantly signed and closed the magazine. Business people are so dull. All they do is women and money. I looked over the phone to see the time, at 10 pm. It's so late, but he isn't here yet.

I put all the magazines and books on the floor, cleaning the couch, so I could lay down. But before I gained the privilege to lay and rest. Asher decided to ring the bell. I moaned in frustration before running towards the door.

"What took you so long?" I asked annoyingly.

"Did anyone tell you that you are scarier when you get annoyed? Asher tried to surpass his amusement. I narrowed my eyes at him and jerked him inside.

"You need to work on the way you invite people in your house" I rolled my eyes on him.

"And you need to work on your timing."

I overheard him mumbling whatever. I decided to ignore it. We sat on the couch and started to review lessons we learned this past week for our finals.

____

"Hailey, you are not supposed to stop your breathing whenever you kiss," Asher instructed me for the fourth time.

"I am trying!!" I snapped at him.

"Okay, calm down." He placed his hands on my arms and tried to relax me. He took a deep breath expecting me to follow him. We meditate like that for a few mins.

Without breaking the direct eye contact, he leaned in slowly. Slow enough, to tell he is going to kiss me. I stayed silent and in place. His hand moved from my arm to carefully hold my head. I unconsciously licked my lips that made him look at my lips.

He slowly set his soft lips on my lips. His touch makes me stop breathing again. He moved his hand through my hair and whispered gently on my lips, "breath."

I carefully put my hands on his chest, closing my eyes. I tried breathing. I tried to focus on my breathing, refusing to allow his touch to affects me.