Chapter four.

01.11.18
00:27am

Everything is calmer now.

Everyone is too tired to argue, and a tense silence took over. I don't mind it tho, I felt like my head was about to explode, too much thoughts racing in it, I wouldn't have supported much more noise.

I don't feel safe, but I don't feel as much in danger as before.

I just have to wait for the night to be over, I can do that, right?

I gotta pay attention to everything that happens, but... if I manage to make it through the night, then it won't be my job anymore. We'll be sent home for some time, and if everything goes well when it's all over, and when they arrest the one who did this, then my life might go back to normal.

Or... the closest to normal. I'm aware most things will change, now.

Maybe nothing will ever really be the same.

I feel myself drift of, and try hard to keep my eyes open, I can't fall asleep now.

Maybe the silence is not that good.

Though, when I hear a loud masculine voice scream our names, I already start to miss it.

"Yeri ?! Where is Kim Yerim ?!"

I instantly get up at this. What happened ?

It can't...

I see all the girls getting up too, some of them starting to panic when they don't see Yeri among us. Fuck. Where is she?

The security guard looks as panicked as us, if not more.

I do hope he'll lose his job.

"Has anyone seen Yeri?" He asks us, his hand already on his gun.

Well. Really reassuring.

We all shake our heads no, everyone looks as confused.

"Fuck. I- I checked everywhere..."

Wendy scoff. "Well maybe if you did your job-"

"I did!" He cuts her off, defending himself. "I left one minute, I needed to! Your boss assigned me to this job without thinking that I might need someone to replace me-"

"I'm sorry, what?" I interrupt, I can't believe it, "You left the door?"

He nods and I see Joy's eyes widen, "She must've fucking left you dumb-"

"Joy." Irene says, interrupting the younger girl. "Let's not..."

"I'm sorry" He stares at his feet, avoiding our gazes.

Was that the person supposed to protect us?

"Being sorry won't save her" Lisa says, shaking her head, her voice breaking halfway through the sentence.

"We can- we can try to look for her" Seulgi offers shyly.

"No way you're getting out of here" The security guy says, rolling his eyes.

"What so you want us to tell your boss that you lost one of us?"

"No!" He exclaims, before pausing for a few seconds. "O-Okay, maybe... maybe it's not bas of an idea, but I want you to stay grouped, and if anything happen, just scream and... and I'll be there." He sighs. "It's the only solution I have."