Chapter three, II

24.12.22
6:32pm

The past two days have gone... amazingly slow. Even worst than what I've known before. It's like I left a cell to live in another, but instead of being in prison, I'm locked up in Lisa's small appartement, not allowed to even go out for a second in case someone would see me in Lisa or Jackson's company.

It would be okay, I guess, if I could somehow find a way to relieve all my stress and tension, but I can't do anything beside work and discuss every little details of our plan. I know we have to do it, but I just wish we could have gone straight to the point and just do what I've been dreaming of doing for the past three years.

I just want it to be over once and for all.

"-Jen?!"

I turn around and see Jackson looking at me with his eyebrow raised. Not again.

"I told you it's Jennie for you," I roll my eyes, "What do you want?"

"Same thing." He says before reaching for his bag and handing me what looks like clothes, "There, take this, you'll be wearing that tonight." He explains and I just nod, taking them.

When I unfold the clothes, though, I can't hold back the gasp that leaves my mouth. "Are you fucking kidding me?"

Please tell me this is all just a bad joke.

"What? You don't like penguins?" He chuckles and I try to resist the urge to punch him in the face.

The sweater he gave me is... awful, there's no other way to put it. Instead of the neutral color I'm used to wearing, it's green and red, so colorful it hurts looking at it. Not only that, but as if the colors weren't already bad on their own, it's decorated with little snowflakes all over and a penguin right in the middle.

I'm not even sure 9 years old me would've worn this for fun.

"There's no way you're serious, Jackson, I- We gotta be discreet, what the fuck-" I shouldn't have listened to Lisa, this guys is a 12 years old trapped in the body of an adult.

"Oh come on shortie loosen up, it's christmas!" He smirks before taking another sweater off his bag, "We all have matching ones, everyone loves christmas sweaters, we'll blend in just fine," He continues before putting it on.

Oh god, if he didn't look stupid enough before...

"We could've just worn simple clothes Jackson," I state, trying to stay calm.

He looks at me with a blank expression for a second before pouting, obviously exaggerating. "You're not fun,"

"I'm not here to be fun, I-"

"Aww you guys are so cute,"

I turn around, seeing Lisa standing in front of the door.

Oh, no.

"You say I'm cute once more Lis and I swear I'm going to break your kneecaps," I say, shaking my head.

We're so going to die. How are they having so much fun.

"Sure whatever cutie," She says with a smile before sitting next to us, "Do I get a sweater too?"

7:43pm

We're finally out.

Our plan, for now, is quite simple. We have to move to Jackson's place, get the weapons, and start the first phase.

Everything will have to go quickly. In merely 24 hours, we have to get in contact with Chaeyoung, get her to lead us to Joy, kill them.

It helps that everyone is distracted with the holidays or with their latest song release, but I'm fully aware that our chances of succeeding are incredibly low.