Chapter 0, Part II

*°*

*°*

Jennie

I inhale deeply, looking around the streets as if i am just discovering them. It does feel like this in a way, everything feels so new, like I am reborn. A completely new person, so, so far from the one I was years ago.

Everything feels surreal, I listen to the hubbub of the street as if it's poesy, feel the cold wind hitting my face and smile as a shiver run up my spine.

I'm free.

Everything- The nightmare I went through for the past three years, the trials and constant fighting, the time I did in prison, or locked up in my own home- it's all over.

I can't believe it.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and immediately turn my head to the side, ready to defend myself if I have to, but-

"Hey, Jen- calm down,"

It's just my lawyer standing right behind me, his so famous smirk on his lips.

"Sorry," I let my shoulders relax and smile at him, "didn't recognize you," I say, then look back down the window, getting back to my routine of observing the people on the streets without minding his presence.

"The trial- everything... it's all over now," I hear him say and nod, not sure if he sees it or not. "We did it,"

"uh-huh"

Thanks to the crazy amount of money my parents paid in exchange of my freedom. I almost say, but decide to stay silent instead.

No need to talk about such taboos topics, pretending like we won the trial in a fair way is probably best.

"So..." He trails, and I look back at him, "What are you gonna do first, you know, now that you're free?" He asks, a warm smile on his lips, which I return immediately.

Oh, there are so many things I want to do- have been longing of doing ever since I had been locked up for crimes I did not commit. I thought about that for three years, imagined every scenarios possible, every turn of events- everything.

My smile turns into something a little more... sinister, wicked, as he waits for my answer to come.

"I think..." I pause for a few seconds, tilting my head to the side, "I'm going to visit some old friends,"