01.

"Madison Pierce." A robotic voice sounded through the intercom, and I bounced straight out of my seat. The other remaining girls were staring at me. I felt their eyes burn on my back. I felt their hope that it wasn't me. That I wasn't good enough for the vocal coaches, but I also felt their fear, fear that it was me, the tension screaming through my body, and butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I pushed open the crackling door of the hall and strolled in. Every step, the one I moved, brought me closer, or farther, to my dream, and I realized that all too well. I absorbed the jury's faces, but no face betrayed any emotion.

I took my last step, and the harrowing silence returned to the room. "Good." The jury chairman seemed to thaw a little and looked at me with a friendly smile. "Let's keep it short." A bad feeling overwhelmed me, why I didn't know. I stared at my shoes to hide my fear. Why did I make an effort? "Congratulations, you're the one we're looking for. You are going to America." I jerked up and felt the joy that my body took over. In front of me was the jury chairman's outstretched hand, who, like the other judges, laughed broadly. I quickly took his hand and shook it quickly. I was happy, and somewhere there was even a sparkle of hope if only I had known that my happiness would be short-lived.

"Madison, please." His blue eyes were pleading, and it was hard not to go in. His face was consumed by pain. But why should he suffer pain? I had not cheated on him. His hand rested on my shoulder and tried to stop me. Something that had already failed in advance. "How could you?" It was the only thing I could squeeze over my lips before I pulled myself out and got into the waiting taxi.

I finally got off the plane after a seven-hour flight. I was finally back in America. Now that I was back here, I could not deny it. I missed it. As I strolled to the exit with my suitcase, a déjà-vu feeling hit me. It seemed like I did it again last year. Los Angeles airport was still as busy. I tried to look around as little as possible; I focused more on people. Before I got stuck again in memory, I wanted to forget. I had intended to refuse when I heard that I was going to Los Angeles. Why did it just have to be there? It could be any other place. But of all the cities in America, it had to be Los Angeles. The city where my life ended.

From then on, I got stuck in a nightmare. A nightmare was full of darkness and pain. No bright spot seemed large enough to penetrate until now. The new singing career ahead of me had given me new courage. Courage to put through, but it wasn't easy. Everything here confronted me with him. His latest song was playing in the background, and his tour posters were hanging on the walls; people with him on their T-shirts walked by. It would have been pronounced that I would not go if we stayed here. Fortunately, it was just a stopover. We would only stay a week.

I soon reached the exit and started looking for Felicity and Kaci. They promised they would come. I would spend the next week at Kaci because I needed a house to stay in, and I had no intention of staying with Felicity. The fact that she lived alongside him had been the determining factor. I heard a screeching sound and turned around. I was just able to distinguish a blonde flash and a brown flash before Felicity and Kaci crushed me. "MADISON." She shouted into my ear almost synchronously, after which Felicity released me to look at me with a grin. "Well, hello," I reply dryly. I was still too deep to be happy. The wound was still open and not yet healing.

When Kaci finally let go of me, she jumped in front of me. Felicity had her usual grin on her face and rolled her eyes once. "Kaci didn't take her pills." "That explains a lot." "I missed you so much, Madison!" Kaci exclaimed, hugging me again. "And I'm not the only one." she continued. "Sophia, Benjamin, Brenda, Felicity, Colby, the class, even Joshua misses you. Even though he doesn't want to admit it." I tried to laugh, but it sounded fake. Even a donkey would know it. "It will be fine. Think of your singing career." Kaci whispered in my ear when she saw my face. This time I was able to smile, and I pulled away from Kaci's stranglehold. "Shall we go or stay here?"

"Madison!" I wasn't inside yet, or I was already overwhelmed by the greetings. Joshua and Colby were playing some game on the x-box but stopped immediately when I came in. Kaci's mother walked toward me quietly. Brenda came back at me like a crazy fool. She was the first to reach me, and for the third time this day, I was crushed in a hug. While Brenda hugged me, I waved my hand at the rest as a sort of greeting, hoping that they realized that I couldn't handle any more crushing hugs. It felt good that I got welcomed.

It made me feel like I was back home after a long journey.