31. Graduation

31. Graduation

The sunlight streamed into my window the morning of my last day of high school. Everything was changing but everything was still the same at the same time. I sat up in bed knowing I had been awake for too long. It was obvious there were dark circle under my eyes but this time it wasn’t because of my unborn child. The buzzing happened again as I rolled my eyes but a tiny dose of fear crept into my mind again. I chose to ignore the buzzing as I slid from my bed grabbing my robe. The clothes I wore to bed every night were not maternity clothes so my stomach sat out on full display under my tank top. The fabric was shoved upward underneath my breast as my stomach bulged away from my body. The mirror sat in the floor as I waddled my way over placing a hand on my huge ever growing stomach. At that moment, I felt a nudge against my hand telling me my child knew I was there.

“Don’t you worry,” I whispered down to my stomach, “I’m not going to let anything happen to you.” Though I wasn’t convinced it was in my hands to protect my child. I knew I would risk my own life to save her but I didn’t know if I could risk myself without risking her life. I heard the familiar sounds of footsteps on the stairs knowing Charlie was already up but this time it wasn’t for work. He had gotten the day off just for me. Nerves were wracking my body because of the months that had passed since the proposal I hadn’t managed to tell Charlie. I achieved not telling him by hiding the ring on my finger. In the mornings when we had breakfast together I removed the ring but as soon as I was walking out of the house to Edward’s car, I slid it back on.

Edward probably knew I was doing this but Charlie already had so much on his plate. He was becoming a grandfather in not that much long of a time the last thing I wanted was to tell him I was getting married and moving out. It was obvious there wasn’t room in this house to take care of a kid but I hated the idea of leaving Charlie alone. He had such a hard time taking care of himself in my eyes that I worried what my departure might do to him. Mike had suffered in so many ways from the abandonment by his father that I was terrified of leaving my father. He needed me more than anyone else and I feared what he may do when I told him the truth.

Renee still called constantly about the pregnancy. She was also going to be there at the graduation with Phil. They called just last night from Seattle where they were staying in a hotel since there were no available rooms in Forks. I was nervous about seeing her, my own mother who I spent my entire life with. Renee was different than most mothers and I worried what Edward would think of her. Not to mention all the blow ups she and I had had over the phone over my pregnancy. There was that feelings that perhaps she was in denial or something. I feared what might happen when she came to the realization upon seeing my stomach what she would do.

Taking a deep breath, I cleared my head. The last thing I needed was to get overwhelmed right now. Bed rest sounded really good but I didn’t think I could be bound to a bed for weeks. I clutched my stomach as I walked out of my bedroom toward the bathroom. I hated the little control I had of my bladder. It was becoming increasingly obvious that perhaps twins was in my immediate future. After the bathroom I decided a trip down the stairs for breakfast was too tempting with the buzzing cellphone continuing from my room. Anything to avoid checking the screen, I headed down the stairs carefully taking longer than I would have liked to get down the few steps. Sometimes it was hard to remember what it was like not to waddle everywhere I went. Just the idea of being able to walk without being winded sounded like paradise. The quicker this kid was out, the better on both my physical health as well as my mental health.

Charlie was seated in his typical chair with a mug of coffee on the table as he stared at the table. I was a little taken aback by the silence. The only thing I could even hear was the coffee maker as the TV was off in the living room. My palms began to sweat at the idea that perhaps Charlie wasn’t as immune to everything as I first thought. “Morning, dad…” I said hoping to bring him back to the present. He jumped noticing my appearance before smiling, “Bells. Good morning to you. Big day, today. Excited?” he asked. I think the question was just something he felt he had to ask. Shrugging I walked past him toward the cabinet pulling out a box of cereal, “Maybe a little. Can’t get too excited. Don’t want to throw up on everyone.” He chuckled sipping his mug as I took a seat bringing the jug of milk with me. Charlie took the jug from my hand ignoring my glares. I hated when everyone took things from me. It wasn’t their fault that my strength was gone, I just really hated them waiting on me.

Bad Apple [Twilight Fan Fiction] On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara