Chapter 2

Sakura entered the O.R. Shizune briefly looked up at her as she walked in, but Sakura didn't say anything as she pulled on the rubber gloves on her hands. She was being stared at by the young man in the room. Adrenaline was making the blood roar in Haruno Sakura's ears. Her heart was pounding almost painfully against her ribs, but she ignored it in favor of focusing on the patient open on her table.

She lift his chart, reading over his condition, "Shizune-Senpai, could you please escort the patient's family outside? I'll take over from here."

The medic nods in three quick successions. "Of course, Haruno-Sensei." And Just like that, The raven haired man was pushed out of the room. Sakura saw his silhouette from corner of her eyes.

Her eyes scanned the material and made a note on his chart. "The condition is deteriorating really fast. The lung tissues are almost damaged, the blood vessels are infected. We need to get him into the surgery right away." She nodded her as she hands the chart to the nurse behind the desk. 

His eyes were closed. Despite all of the tubes and wires attached to his body, she could still see his face; could still make out the line of his lips, the aristocratic features and the way his eye lids currently hid the onyx of his irises from her. His hair was messy and unkempt, contrasting darkly against the white of the hospital linens.

His pale skin, however, did not contrast much at all with the white pillowcase beneath his head. She had never seen him so...sick. So fragile. His cheekbones were so prominent So were his other bones. He was terribly underweight. She wasn't surprised that seeing him this pathetic made her feel this ache, but she was surprised at the intensity of the ache. Never did she thought she would see the mighty Uchiha Itachi in this pitiful condition

The monitor by his bed side confirmed that he was alive but barely. His heartbeat was too slow despite how close he came to death. He had fought. He hadn't given up. Her hands started to glow as she started her work. 

Uchiha Sasuke was still standing in front of the O.R where he was pushed out. His brother was dying. He knew that. His disease had already destroyed his body. But he felt this treacherous Ray of hope seeped into his heart as soon as he saw the woman entered. Her pink locks and green eyes left him speechless. He couldn't believe this was his former teammate. The appearance matched, but the aura that woman exuded an aura that demanded respect. This woman was the stranger in the appearance of the person he used to know. Not once she glanced at him. As if he was invisible. Sasuke didn't know how much time had passed. The door was opened. Exiting the room, Shizune made her way towards the front desk. Sakura was still with Itachi. Shizune slowly make her way towards the Uchiha as he looked up and she began speaking.

"Itachi Uchiha is still in critical condition. But he's in the most capable hands. Don't lose hope, I can assure you Haruno Sakura is a best medic to surpassed Tsunade-sama. She doesn't give up that easily." She explained with a soft tone, "We have managed to heal majority of his tissues. The infection is a tricky part as his body is too weak to recover. But it's not incurable." 

Sasuke couldn't help it. He bit the inside of his cheek to stop the tears that had welled up in his eyes. He was Uchiha Sasuke. One of the strongest shinobi in the world. A man whose heart is made of stone. Who is biggest bastard on this earth. But the happiness he felt at the words of the medic made his heart crumble. His brother was curable. There is hope.