Chapter 12

KaEl: Hello❤ How are you guys? I hope you guys are keeping yourself safe and healthy.
So, according to the last chapter,
'C- Surprise' received the most votes.
Thank you all for voting. Please enjoy the next chapter ❤️
•_______________•______________•

Tsunade was seething. In front of her were the proof of how much rotten this village was. And the parasites were sitting right beside her. Looking at her in disbelief. The Audacity. She mentally sneered.

She flicked her wrist as the copies of those crimes were set down in front of the council members.

Gasps were heard from the public. Directed all towards the stiff elders. They must have realized their lack of movement that it's impossible to flee. If she hadn't taken any measures and set those paralysis seals, they would have.

"Bring the witness." She called out, and Konoha watched Uchiha Itachi, the kin-killer, the criminal, the victim, was wheeled in front of them, surrounded by the elite shinobis of Konoha.

"Uchiha Itachi, is it true that you were ordered to massacre the Uchiha clan on the orders of Shimura Danzo?"

Itachi looked at Godaime Hokage and then glanced at Danzo. He let go of the breath that he was holding and replied, "Yes, It's true." Sasuke was rigid beside him. Even under Anbu disguise, he was letting out that Killer Intent in waves.

"But that doesn't end here. Does it?" People of Konoha, civilians and Ninjas, watched with the belated breaths as Tsunade Continues, "He dishonoured those dead bodies by mutilating their eyes and transplanting them on his own body with the help of nuke nin, Orochimaru."

"Bloodline thief!"

"Traitor!"

"Heathen!"

"Hang him!"

The crowd was enraged.

"Silence!" And everyone quietened at Tsunade's order as she continued, "His crimes are not just limited to Uchiha clan. Children from Aburame, Nara, Inuzuka, Akimichi, Yamanaka, and many more clans were abducted and brainwashed in order to become a part of his private shinobi forced called 'Root' "

The noon turned into evening as the trial went on. The village was in chaos. The clans were already demanding the execution. The Uchiha brothers were pardoned. Finally, the trial came to an end on the decision of Danzo's arm and the sharingans to be plucked out by Uchiha Sasuke. His beheading is to be witnessed by each and every person in the village to set an example.

As for the remaining elders, especially Utatane Koharu, she has another hell prepared. Both of them were taken to the prison, as Tsunade prepared for their punishment.

"The trial ends! Let it be known that justice will always prevail. Law is equal to all, be it the civilians, Shinobis, or the council themselves!"

The village cheered. Tsunade had already sent the teams of Anbu to purge the Root building.

"Hatake, escort your Team and Itachi to the compound." Kakashi nodded, and Tsunade turned to Shikamaru, Neji, and Sakura, "Team Hato, follow me. There's something you need to see."

Sakura didn't understand the heartbroken expression her shishou regarded her with. And she's not the only one. She feels the confusion of her teammates rolling in waves.

Tsunade was silent as they entered her office. Wordlessly, she gestured to the pile of envelopes and spoke in the most gentle manner, "Sakura, do you recognize these?"

The pinkette looked down, eyes darting to different envelopes. Different but familiar. They were her letters! All of them. But the ones she didn't recognise were almost twice in quantity than her. A jolt ran through her. The swiggly handwriting on the back of them belonged to none other than the certain, Azure eyed blond. Her wide eyes noted another detail. They were all opened.