orange scrubs pt.1

"And I wonder this time next year, what will I look like? With my guesses, so often, so wrong. I wonder what beginning, what end waits for me. Will I have accepted the things I can not change? And will I have changed the things I can not accept? This time. Next time. About time."

"There are two kinds of sufferers in this world: those who suffer from a lack of life and those who suffer from an overabundance of life. They say that dreams are only real as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

 Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"•

Karma - Word Count : 2488, EDITED

"I know! Amelia I couldn't believe it either," I said over the phone to my cousin, Amelia.

"Well I'm an attending now! I'm so happy, Alex and Cristina are on their way over so we can celebrate. When are you coming back? I miss you. And Derek is out of town visiting your mom. I'm having a Shepard withdrawal," I joked into the phone.

"Oh my gosh! Girl did I tell you Jackson Avery is there? Yes! I know right? He's so hot, Melia. I really wish you were here," I could hear the doorbell ring.

"Yeah, they're here. Okay! I'll call you tomorrow after the first day. I love you! Bye!" I said while ending the call.

I pushed myself up out of my bed before putting on my silk robe and slippers.

I liked to keep my house light, it made me happier

Once I reached the door both Cristina and Alex stood with a bottle of tequila and Hennessy.

"Hey guys!" I greeted.

"I'm still not over how huge this house is." Cristina said in awe.

Alex mumbled a small "Me either."

"You guys know you're welcome at anytime. I'm probably going to get a dog because I'm so lonely. Alex I see you didn't bring your wife." I hissed out.

Cristina turned her head and acted as if she wasn't listening.

"Why would I? I know you don't like her...and you're my person, Mina. I didn't want you to be uncomfortable in your own house." He spoke sincerely.