daddy dearest

"We be gettin' so loud, that dick make my soul smile, that dick make me so damn proud."

"If the world that we are forced to accept is false and nothing is true, then everything is possible, where there is fire, we will carry gasoline."

Karma Word Count: 2322 - UNEDITED

Walking into the attending lounge, I quickly made my way to the pot of coffee, lightly humming to myself.

"Karma?"

I turned around to see Derek behind me.

"Hey! I didn't get to see you yesterday! You didn't call." I said, slightly pouting.

I pulled him in for a hug.

He looked me over, his face sketched in confusion.

Probably the dark blue scrubs.

"Uh, dark blue scrubs?" He questioned.

"Oh! Yeah. Long story short, I took my boards and I'm an attending now. And the residents from Mercy West are already here." I said.

"You know, I'm not even going to question it, it's always something with you. And were you singing when I came in? You must've gotten laid last night." He laughed out.

I shook my head slightly before humming to myself again.

"Oh, God. You did get laid last night. Please don't tell me he works here," I looked up at him, that was all the confirmation he needed.

"You know what, we'll talk about it later. Did you get the email?" He questioned.

"Email?" I asked, taking my phone out to search through my work email.

"Yes...about your...father?" Derek said slowly.

I huffed out.

"No. I didn't, what did it say?" I asked.

"Well we have a meeting in like," he paused to look at his watch, "five minutes. We should get going, it's all the way on the other side of the hospital."

"Alright. Well let's go, I just hope he's not here yet. I don't know how I'm going to explain this to him." I said as we walked to the presentation room.

"Explain what? You're an attending now, we both know he's going to be proud. Hell, I'm proud." Derek commented.

"No, not that. That I uhm, slept with an Avery..."