katlina karmen avery

"Think they run the town, till we run 'em outta town. And they gotta relocate, gotta dip from where they stay. Everything will be ok, man, just stay up out my way. I be tryna laugh with the bro's 'bout the opps that we know, but they can't take a joke cuz it's not one. Think it's cuz we live by the code reputation to uphold, making me the one they gotta take the spot from."

"I walk in godly form amongst mortal men. I'm the chosen one, flowers never pick themselves."

Karma - Word Count : 2168 UNEDITEDTwo Weeks Later

Two Weeks Later

"C'mon babe, we gotta get up."

I could barley hear what Jackson was saying.

These past weeks have been living hell for me.

I groan out in protest.

"Baby, everyday it's a fight with you to get ready for work. Look, I don't know all the details but they don't seem that bad. Except for Kasha, she's a total bitch. But Karson seems nice? She reminds me of-"

"Jackson I swear on everything I love, including you, if you say she reminds you of Lexie I will never speak to you again." I grumble, head still under the cover.

"You didn't even know that's what I was going to say."

"Was it?" I peeked from under the covers.

He said nothing.

"Okay then." I yanked the covers off of the bed and made my way to the bathroom.

"I mean, she does. And you said it first so you've noticed it too. I mean, you don't have to try with Kasha, but at least try with Karson." He pleaded.

"If I try to be nice to her will you shut up about it?" I asked teasingly.

"Maybe...Join me in the shower?"

•••

"Remember what we talked about." Jackson whispered in my ear before running off to do rounds.

I grab some patient charts and make my way to the resident changing room.

The second I walk in, I'm noticed by pretty much everyone.

My dark blue scrubs stood out like a sore thumb.

"Good morning, everyone. Normally, I would have just one resident or intern and mentor them throughout the year, but I've decided that I'm going to take 2 now. I might even go to 4 in the upcoming weeks. Please keep in mind that working with me is an advantage, since I have several specialties. I will keep Jo Wilson, but Karson Kently will be added to my service as well. See you guys for rounds."