orange scrubs pt.2

"Let me catch a vibe, let's just take our time, just relax your mind and take it easy. Don't have to be mine, let's take it easy."

"Dream is destiny."

Karma Word Count : 3080 EDITED

"They're locusts, comfortable locusts, feeding on our surgeries." Meredith said while looking out the window.

"It's true," Izzy pitched in.

"There should at least be a couple of days where they act like guests before they put their feet up on the coffee table."

Lexie pulled her fingers away from the blinds before speaking, "And what's with the orange scrubs? What, are ours not good enough for them?" She said in disgust.

"We ran out," I said, finally speaking.

"They're on back order."

Cristina looked at me from the side of her eye.

"Mina choose Avery as her resident. I mean, Avery? She just finished a transplant with him a few hours ago." She mumbled.

"What?" Meredith gasped.

"Yes. I did, and I'm also going out with him later on tonight. I can't speak for the others but...he's not that bad. I like him." I said while smiling slightly.

They all whined.

"Tuh, please. You only like him because of the mystery. Or, because your families hate eachother. You're a rebel, you love doing things like this! You live for it!" Cristina yelled.

Right when I was about to respond with my usual snarky comments, the vibration of my phone took me off guard, for the second time today.

Incoming Call: Daddy 💙 👨🏼‍⚕️

I put my phone on silent and slid it back in my pocket.

"What's wrong?" Lexi asked coming to sit next to me.

"Was it your dad?"

"Yep," I said, popping the 'p'.

"I've been avoiding his calls the past couple of days. I don't want him flying out here." I said, attempting to shake off the subject.

"Awww,  boo hoo. Multi-billionaire problems. Doesn't matter, I already called him." Cristina said while smirking.

"YOU DID WHAT??"