dr. jacobs

KARMA POV - let me know how y'all like this new layout

KARMA POV - let me know how y'all like this new layout .  3/2/20

WORD COUNT : 1461 Words UNEDITED

I felt like I was on cloud 9. Or at least that's how I should feel.

But I'm back in Seattle, except when I left it was me and Jackson. But I'm coming back with a beautiful newborn babygirl.

"We don't have to go back yet, you know that right?" Jackson said to me the night before we went back to work.

"I've been gone too long. Besides, they're filing for the lawsuit...I have to be there. Katlina is a newborn but they'll take her in the daycare. They love me."

"Are you sure you want to go back?" He rubbed delicate circles upon my shoulder.

I looked back, a slight smirk playing on my lips.

"Of course I am."

•••

"Wilson. It's nice to see you again. Would you like to be back on my service? I understand if you've grown comfortable with whoever you've been put with."

Her eyes grew like craters once she looked at me. Before I knew it, i was pulled into a hug.

"Oh my God. I've been on Greys service and then Banes. They're both great. Especially Banes. But, they aren't you. You know I did everything in my power so I could match to this hospital and work with you? I came here for you." Her grip on me loosened.

"Well...glad to know that Wilson. So I take it that you're back on my service? Because I'm on plastics today and I have a-"

"YES!" Wilson interrupted.

I laughed. "You don't even know what I was going to say."

"It doesn't matter, I'd scrub in with you on anything."

"Alright then let's go."

•••

"So why did you leave?" Wilson asked me.

I looked up at her briefly before making an incision along the nose of my patient.

"I had a baby."

"What? Dr. Banes never mentioned that." She was shocked.

"Well, even though Dr. Banes is technically my mother, I have no connection to that woman. I do not know her. Nor do I know those other 2 that came along with her."