all these years

"Your hairs grown a little longer, your arms look a little stronger. Your eyes, just as I remember, your smiles just a little softer.
And I never prepared, for a moment like that, in a second it all came back, it all came back.
Cuz after all these years, I still feel everything when you are near. And it was just a quick 'hello' and you had to go and you probably will never know, you're still the one I'm after, all these years."

"Remembering is so much more of a psychotic activity than not forgetting."

Karma Word Count - 1412 UNEDITED

TWO YEARS LATER

Stepping off the plane, the wind blows through my hair, which is now at shoulders length.

I cut it a few months into the army.

I ended up staying for 2 years. It was the best decision I had ever made.

I hadn't spoke to anyone.

And I mean, anyone. Not Amelia, Derek, Alex, Lexi, or Meredith.

Especially not Jackson.

I turn around, looking at the private jet.

"KLINE"

Is what the side of the jet read.

"Come on, Riggs!! We got places to be and people to see!" I yelled out.

Nathan Riggs, he was a cardio thoracic surgeon. 

The second I landed in Iraq, Nathan and I became very close friends.

When I told him that I was returning back to the states, he was devastated.

The bond me and Nathan developed was similar to the relationship I had with Alex or Lexi.

So, I brought him with me.

"Gheez, don't get your panties in a bunch," his accent was very satisfying.

I laughed before getting into car.

"You okay? You've been quiet the whole flight?"

I gave him a tight lipped smile, "I'm alright. I'm just nervous, I didn't really give them any warning, I left right after the shooting. I just...I just don't know how to flip the switch? Out in Iraq...it's different. They won't understand." I said.