Chapter 10: Confession

I felt a rumbling, my whole body was slightly vibrating.

What was going on?

I woke up to the feeling of hitting a bump on the road. The road. I was in a car. 

Oh no. Oh no. Oh no.

My hands were starting to sweat, my whole body had chills running up and down, breathing became impossible. 

After everything I did to avoid this, it was happening again.

I heard a voice in the distance, but I was too distracted in the numbing feeling going through my body. Before I knew it, I had accepted the darkness.

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

That sound was too familiar. I've been here before. The smell hit a nerve. 

I was in a hospital. 

My heart monitor started to accelerate, the beeping was driving me insane.

"Hey Lana, you're okay. I'm right here," said a familiar voice.

I opened my eyes only to find these intense grey eyes peering down at me with concern.

"Gray, what happened? How did I get here?" I asked looking around. 

"You fell asleep half way through the movie, I thought I would drive you home," he sighed, rubbing his face tiredly.

"YOU DID WHAT?" I yelled, feeling extremely frantic.

Was he crazy?

Drive me home!

How could he?

"Lana-"

"Get out."

"Wait, I don't understand-"

"I said get out!" I yelled louder this time.

A nurse rushed in at the sound of the commotion.

"Excuse me sir, but I'm going to ask you to leave for the time being," she said. Thank you.

"Lana... come on," Gray looked at me with hope in his eyes, almost pleading. 

I turned my head to the side. I couldn't deal with this right now.

My family came to visit only moments after Gray had left. I had to pretend being asleep, I didn't want to deal with more pity. I had asked to be alone. 

Before I went to sleep a beautiful doctor walked in. I was almost shocked by hoe pretty she was. Pretty, smart and successful... she seemed to have it all. She looked so familiar, I just couldn't put my finger on it.

"Miss Meyers, I'm Dr. Roland," she said with a warm smile.

Ah, there we go. Explains Gray's genetic structure. The good looks ran in the family.

"It's nice to meet you Dr. Roland," I mumbled. What was she doing here? She wasn't my doctor.

"I know this may not be the best time or place, but I have a request from you that I think will prove to be beneficial to both parties," she said.

I nodded for her to go on.

"I need you to stay away from Gray," she said coolly.

What?

If I had a glass of water I would have preformed the spit take.

"With all the respect ma'am, your son has been the one around me," I defended myself. I was not taking the blame for his persistence.