Chapter 16: Park

Ding!

I checked my phone to see who was texting me at this late hour.

Come outside 

It was Gray. 

I looked outside my window and sure enough he was standing on my lawn waving at me with that adorable goofy grin. I looked myself in the mirror one time over. I was wearing one of James' tshirts so it was three times my size. I knew if I stayed and changed Gray would barge into my room and put me in a really awkward position because he was too impatient to wait. I threw on some tights and ran my hand through my hair as I ran down the stairs.

"Just where do you think you're going young lady?" my dad called out to me.

I groaned and walked to the family room where he was watching tv with my mom.

"She's probably going out to meet that Roland boy, I don't see the problem," said my mom with a wink in my direction. 

Yes mom! 

Her being there for me was really the best feeling in the world.

My father sighed. "Lana honey, you know sometimes when girls and guys get together they tend to-"

"Eeeew! No way dad! Stop! We are not having that talk!" I gagged. Was he really giving me the birds and bees talk?

"I trust Lana, she's a smart girl she won't make that mistake," my mother told him.

"It's boys I worry about!" cried my dad. I didn't know if I was happy that my father was finally trying to protect me against boys, or frustrated he chose now to do it.

"Honey, you go ahead. Your dad and I are going to have a little talk," said my mom with a stern look that would send most people running. My dad should be awarded a medal for standing his ground. 

I gave them both a kiss before running out the door. I barely made it out the door before bumping into Gray about to barge in.

I rubbed my head in pain. 

God, he had a hard chest... And now I was visualizing him shirtless. Great.

"You okay babe?" Gray asked lifting my chin, his eyes searching.

Babe... I loved the way he said it. Other guys made it seem meh, but Gray made it seem like a ballad. Yeah... I definitely had it bad for it.

He gave me a weird look. I totally zoned out on him.

"I was about to barge in to check where you were, sort of hoped you'd be changing," he teased. Of course.

I slapped his arm, causing him to wince. He rubbed his arm with a frown.

"Are you okay? What do you need from me at this hour?" I raised a brow.

"Can't a guy see his girlfriend when he pleases?" he asked.

"Girlfriend?" I beamed.

Gray blushed and rubbed a hand on the back of his neck. "Um yeah, I just thought that we were, um-- never mind."

He was so cute when he got all nervous. I just wanted to pinch his cheeks and give him a big kiss. I, of course, have never been kissed-- it would really suck to not have a magical first kiss so I held myself back.

"I'm glad my boyfriend wanted to see me," I bit my lip to save me from grinning like an idiot, but that didn't stop Gray from grinning like one.

He held out his hand for me, which I gladly took. We walked to a park behind my house. James and I use to play here all the time as kids, it was weird being back here at such a late time. I looked at Gray who sat on the swing set next to me, his face had the same look I caught earlier. He was clearly flustered.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing," he said too quickly. "How are things with your mom?" 

"They're great! I really can't thank you enough for what you did," I said right before his warm smile disappeared. "How are things with yours?"

"Lana I'm sorry to break my promise to you, but she's impossible! I can't get through with her! With you it was different. Your mom was the one who wanted to fix things, but you were the one that needed convincing. Trust me, I want to fix it so badly, but I feel like she won't even listen," he groaned. He looked so vulnerable now. I couldn't help it, I stood up walking to stand in front of him. I held his face between my hands. His hands rested on top of them, holding them in place.

"You don't have to keep doing it if you don't want to, I just thought that maybe you could be happy too," I said. I didn't want him to be miserable. I just wanted him to be in a good place.

"I just need you and I'll be happy," he said earnestly 

His hand had moved from my hand to my waist pulling me closer to him. I looked down at him realizing how close we were. Those perfect pink lips just a few millimeters away.

"I'm sorry that sounded lame," he laughed, shaking his head.

I frowned. "No, it was cute! You had to ruin our moment."

He guffawed. "Our moment? Come here."

He pulled me into a bear hug squeezing tightly, but it was sweet. It may have not been my first kiss, but it was just as passionate.

---------------------------------

Don't be silent readers!

Vote and comment!

I always love reading what you have to say!

XO